NiteRider Solas Tail Lights

Available At
Best Price At

The Solas 2 Watt Tail Light is the ulitmate bicycle taillight, featuring a powerful 2 watt LED, 4 modes (2 flash/2 steady) and is USB rechargeable. There's also the new “Group Ride Mode” for cyclists who still want to stay visible and safer but not annoy others in the pack.

[Mar 30, 2016]
Gabriel Byrne

OVERALL
Strength:

NIce and bright, rechargeable with USB

wet weather, apparantly.

I've been running this light for a few months on road and dirt rides. Went on a road ride in a light rain and the next day I found a bunch of condensate inside the light. The water seems to have been too much for it's meager seals, now the light won't stay lit for more than a few seconds, will come on at random times, and the bottom doesn't have an effect either way. 30$ paper weight.

[Feb 21, 2015]
willtsmith_nwi

OVERALL
Strength:

This rear blinkie has incredible brightness. The blink modes are strong and it is easily noticeable in daylight. The rechargeable battery makes it awesome.

The mount is a pain and feels a bit weak.

Super bright, the mount is lite.

[Sep 17, 2012]
Straz85

OVERALL
Strength:

-Bright as hell
-Nice beam pattern
-USB chargeable
-Easy to operate power button
-NiteRider has amazing customer support

-Could come with more mounts
-Goes flaccid sometimes (see summary for explanation)

I've been using this light for a few weeks now. Definitely the brightest light I've used to date. It has a sufficient number of modes (2 flashing, solid and group ride). The mounts are decent quality, it comes with two, a seatpost and a seatstay mount. I've been using the seatstay mount so far. The first ride, I noticed it was pointing at the ground after only 15 minutes. I moved it back up and tightened the thumb screw a bit, 15 minutes after it was aiming down again. I had to make the thumb screw literally as tight as I could with my fingers to get it to stay, and even at that it went down 1 notch in the last hour of my ride. I may try to find a Philips screw to replace it so I can tighten it a little more with a screwdriver. That's really the only down side, otherwise it's an excellent light.

-Planet Bike Superflash Turbo
-Planet Bike Blinky 5
-Blackburn Mars 3.0

[Sep 14, 2012]
bedwards1000

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright, Rechargeable, Lightweight, flexible mount

No extra mounts (yet?)

I can't imagine ever needing a rear light that is brighter than this one.

Compared to the Planet Bike Blinky 5 & Blinky 7 which I previously thought were pretty bright...This thing is a supernova! It can be mounted on either the seat stay or seat post. It has a thumbscrew making it a tool-less installation. There is only one clip that mounts to the light so you can't put one of each mount on different bikes.

I ended up tie-wrapping mine to the back of my helmet because I ride several bikes after dark and didn't want to switch mounts around.

Oddly enough it came with zero instructions. Not that it's rocket science but nothing is a little weird. Time to full charge and whether it has any low battery indication remain a mystery. I can tell you that it glows a dim red while charging and then turns to blue when it is fully charged.

At $40 I may have to by another.

Blinky 5, Blinky 7, Flare, various other low end tail lights. This light is brighter than all of them on at once.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.