NiteRider Pro 1400 LED Lights

NiteRider Pro 1400 LED Li-ion: The Pro 1400 represents the pinnacle of bike lighting technology. Pumping out 1400 lumens, motorists will be left wondering if you are a car, motorcycle or a low flying UFO. Warning; the last person that shined...

[Dec 14, 2010]
InfoBish

OVERALL
Strength:

I can strongly recommend you DO NOT BUY this product. Mine is already defective. It runs for 2-3 minutes then goes into a blinking mode between both lights. It is worthless. I have to send it back for warranty repair.

It doesn't work

Just crap - it shuts off - it blinks crazy patterns. I have been stranded twice now on rides. 3 times on dog walks where I have tried to use it. Over heats or whatever. I just doesn't work. Now I have to pay to send it back and wait God knows how long to get another of the same. Waste of my money and life. SO BUMMED I bought this light. Would love my money back...

Nite Rider / Stella products - multiple ones.

[Nov 25, 2010]
Galvestonian

OVERALL
Strength:

Light Output, Burn Time, D.I.Y. Software

Weight

After an amazingly long hassle with the retailer bicycleeverything.com, I finally got my new Niterider 1400 pro. The light has so far exceeded my expectations. NiteRider has really out done themselves with this product. I've been getting 4 hours of burn time at the highest setting of 1400 lumens verses the advertised 2½ hours on the NiteRider website. I rode today with a friend and we didn't make it back before dark and he didn't have a headlight. So I rode behind him and cranked the light up to 1400 and he had no problem seeing his way on point. The only problem was he couldn't look back without getting temporarily blinded! Seriously. The D.I.Y. software is also amazing. There are so many variations that I don't think I'll ever need all the different settings. But the great thing about the software is you can set up as many or as few programs as you like. NiteRider has some great software demo videos on their website for anyone thinking about purchasing one of their pro series lights. I'm also very happy with the handlebar mount that came with the product. My old NiteRider Minewt Dual X2 mounted using rubber rings and they often got out of alignment going over rough terrain. But this new mount is rock steady. Before I purchased the light I contacted NiteRider to ask how many cycles the battery was rated for. I was told by Jason Earick that the 8 Cell Li-Ion Battery is rated at 800 charge cycles.

NiteRider Minewt Dual X2

[Nov 10, 2010]
Xcmobile

OVERALL
Strength:

Amazing power output, no hot spots just light everywhere.

Battery a bit heavy.

Been night ridding on the trails for over 5 years now. I started using niterider digital pros and recently was using ayups. The niterider pro 1400 give out an amazing amount of light. The customizing function using a pc is great, it even shows run times on every setting set. I highly recommend these lights for anyone looking for a lot of light and built by a company that has great customer service and back their products 100%

ayups lights

[Nov 03, 2010]
mchase4444

OVERALL
Strength:

DIY flexibility, light output

This product came with the wrong cable and a lighting system which was defective (condensation inside the lighting housing). A new cable was received in about a week. The light was sent back. They said it would be a rush priority, however, it took almost two weeks to replace the seals. And I still have not received the unit yet despite the customer service department saying they would expedite the return.
While the configuration options are great and the light output is wonderful, I cannot stress how important it is for someone who is considering purchasing a product from niterider to verify and test the product fully before paying for anything.
If this is an example of how customer service oriented the company is for someone purchasing a brand new, never used product, one has to wonder how long an existing customer will need to wait for service.
I would probably have give the light a 5 chillis rating if it were not for the poor quality control and subsequent customer service.
I did find it sarcastically comforting to hear the customer service representative tell me there would not be any cost for the warranty service associated with my brand new light system.

REVIEW UPDATE - REVIEW UPDATE
As a follow up to my earlier post, I received the light back and had the same issue. I did get a follow-up request to talk from the customer service manager at Nightrider after my post. She was apologetic and worked with me to resolve my concerns.
As she put it, "We pride ourselves on our Customer Service. We do our best to satisfy our customers and to read your post and your dissatisfaction with the service you received I immediately wanted to contact you and make it right."
As a result of our conversation, she sent me a new light. And upon receipt, I returned the one I had. In speaking to her, it is my belief that they will use my experience as a way to improve their customer service.
The replacement light sent to me now performs as expected. While I still recommend anyone purchasing a light, or any product for that matter, to thoroughly inspect and test the product, I now would recommend this product to anyone who is interested in riding after the sun goes down.

light in motion

[Sep 18, 2010]
BDog

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, Flexible lighting profiles, Great beam pattern

Price, No remote switch, A little heavy......

I upgraded to the Pro 1400 from my faithful Team Max (7yrs old). This light is amazing! The software allows the user to create 4 different lighting profiles (i.e. road, path, trail, etc) with 6 settings within each profile. Runtime at full power has been closer to 3.5-4 hrs. Be sure to pair the battery to the light before using the first time. I have found the 8 step battery meter to be quite accurate. The beam pattern provides plenty peripheral lighting as well as throw at faster speeds.

The only down side is I am accustom to having a remote switch that allowed me to control the lights without having to take my hand off the handlebar to to change brightness. This makes it difficult when trail riding.

Bottom line, it's pricy but worth it if you truly enjoy night riding. Trails are totally wicked at night with this light!

Night Sun Team Max

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.