NiteRider MiNewt 250 Cordless Lights

NiteRider MiNewt 250 Cordless: The new MiNewt.250 Cordless raises the bar of what a one-piece, modular bike light should be. This compact light features best in class lumen per dollar ratio, tool-less quick release mounting, and with 250 lumens...

[May 12, 2011]
MoonerT78

OVERALL
Strength:

Cordless!! Overall good design with a bright relatively wide pattern. USB cable so I can charge up almost anywhere. Helmet and handlebar mounts make mounting flexable. being cordless it also makes a fantastic flashlight.

The handlebar mount is a snap on bracket that I feel could use a thumb screw to tighten it securely. It doesn't bounce around on the road, but when you press the light switch to move between modes it can twist a little.

I am really pleased with the light so far. I have only used it mounted to the 1.2 on the road before winter (Fuel was getting an overhaul when winter hit) so I'll be interested to try the mount on the rough stuff, but what I have experienced to this point is fantastic! It's relatively light, very bright, and versatile at a decent price. I would recommend this light to anyone.

[Dec 10, 2010]
Stringmike

OVERALL
Strength:

Small, not too heavy, self-contained

None found yet

Bought this light after getting stuck twice after dark on trails (got lost and got an unrepairable flat). It's a lot brighter than I expected and quite a good enough beam for riding on wider trails. Not sure I'd rely on it alone for heavy-duty single track riding, but it's perfect for my intended use.

[Nov 09, 2010]
msurapid

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent light beam, well focused for commuting.
Easy to recharge from USB port.
Button easy to push with gloves on.

None so far.

My Niterider Classic battery died, so had to get a new light. LBS let me try a Stella 200, which I really liked, but battery pack not well designed to mount on my bike. This light seems to be about the same as the Stella, perhaps a little less of a spot pattern, but very usable for commuting. Easy to take off bike for recharging and to prevent theft during the day while bike stored at work. Battery life sufficient for my commuting times (recharge every two days). I like it because I can recharge off my computer at work and always be assured of a bright light going home at night. Would definitely buy again and have recommended to my friends. Read every review I could find comparing Minewt 250 with Stella 200. In the end, they are very similar in terms of light quality, but the Minewt is the better choice for commuters.

Niterider Classic

[Nov 02, 2010]
Cloudy Jaguar

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely bright, no strap on battery pack, USB charging, charge indicator, easy to remove and change bikes, very waterproof (but I haven't run it underwater like my old Cateyes bacause of the USB charging port)

Hard to tighten down handlebar mounting bracket. Might be heavy as a helmet light, but only crazy mountain bikers do that. Real bikers bolt this stuff to the bike.

This light is awesome. I have been riding to work for over 20 years, including some long, dark and dreary winter rides in England, and have gone through a lot of lights. This is easily the best thing going. Beats the tar out of my old Niterider Evolution setup, with its finicky strap on battery and too easy to disconnect cabling. Did I mention that this thing is blindly bright, and there is no other single piece light out there that matches it, especially since you can get them on sale at REI or with their ubiquitous discount coupons for under a C note? Made in the USA too, but probably many foreign parts. Recharges at work on your computer USB port. If you ride at night, this is what you want--cough up the money and buy it. I would give this a 6 and sell most of my other junk on eBay (I do keep the Blackburn X4 as a second light. It is uber reliable and pretty bright as well. You are a fool if you ride at night with only one headlight and one tail light).

Niterider Digital Evolution, Blackburn X4. Older Cateye and single piece lights are in a different category. This is major league. They are AAA.

[Oct 18, 2010]
rodamp

OVERALL
Strength:

Wireless and easy to install

only 250 Lumens need to use 2

They are great for the occasional night ride, fast to install with the quick release mount and no batteries to mount on bike. Three brightness settings. Low battery indicator is very convenient and enough power left if used with lowest brightness. Charges fast!

night rider

[Oct 14, 2010]
thor

OVERALL
Strength:

Extremely well made

None so far, other than a slightly unclear/vague manual

I think these are great for the price. They are intuitive to use, very well designed, waterproof (so far), and bright (250 lumens). They charge from a supplied plug and cord, but also via USB. Haven't mounted them on my helmet yet but I will soon.

Cygolites, etc.

[Sep 22, 2010]
Cory

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice beam/self contained

None yet.

I have two of these lights (one for backup) and usually mount one to the handlebars to fill in the 10-15 foot area of the trail. Using a NightRider Pro 600 unit mounted to my helmet for main trail illumination.

My night rides are in heavily wooded, very dark trails and the two lights together give very good visibility. Even at a good pace, 12-15mph.

Great second light, good run time, nice LED white pattern on trail. No additional battery mount worries.

NightRider Pro 600 LED

[Aug 15, 2010]
SCV Kickstant

OVERALL
Strength:

No cords! Great beam!

Ugly, on the heavy side

I have wanted to add a helmet light for some time. I have used a Cygolite Duel Cross on my handle bars, but as I have gotten better and am on more difficult trails I wanted the second light. My first thought was to get the MiliOn 200 from Cygolite as I have been very happy with their service and support on the Duel Cross. The idea of a one piece design was a major plus in my book. I started to do my research and saw the MiliOn 200 had a few complaints about the light quality. As I was looking at the reviews I saw someone mention that Niterider has just announced the Minewt 250 Cordless. I called my local REI and they had both lights in stock (the Minewt had just some in that week).

At first glace the MiliOn looks nicer. It is smaller and lighter and that almost sold me. Fortunately I tried both lights (thank you REI for having them charged) and could see why there were some complaints on the MiliOn 200. The Minewt 250 light looked great. I guess it is a case of function over form.

I had planned on this just being a back up light for when I off road and still planned on using my handle bar light for my evening bike path rides. However after playing with it for a few days this will be my primary bike path light. The single piece design is just too easy to snap on and go. It is not bright enough to replace my handle bar light when on the dirt, but that is not what I wanted it to do anyway.

If you are looking or a good back up helmet mounted light I would defiantly recommend this product to you.

N/A

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.