NiteRider Lumina 750 Lights

[Dec 30, 2015]
Larry

OVERALL
Strength:

Very good night light. See review summary.

Terrible mount. Clamp loses lamps. See review summary.

Lost my second Lumina light from this mount. The last, very expensive, Lumina light I will ever own is somewhere along the 30 mile ride I took yesterday. The locking mechanism for the light is very badly designed. One cannot tell if the light has actually locked into place. Therefore, I don't know if the lamp just shook loose of the mount. Also, a simple slip downward on the tab behind the light is enough to free the (did I mention very expensive) Lumina lamp from its mount. If you look at the mount, the sheer bulk of it shows us that it is not well designed. When mounted, the light rides inches above the handlebar making roadside tire changes much more difficult. These guys have a terrific headlight for night riding. Why can't they design a clamp that 1) Securely attaches the lamp, 2) Does not ride so high above the handlebar, 3) Is actually fixed to the lamp, not the bike (What an eyesore on an otherwise beautiful bike), and 4) Is 1/4 the bulk of the present design?

[Apr 22, 2015]
Shamo

OVERALL
Strength:

Good light beam, good battery and reasonable price.

This is my second USB light and the best so far. I had a Serfas 500 which run time was directly correlated to the temperature...cold weather significantly reduced it. I bought this NR as helmet light but found it is a great handlebar light also and I don't need to carry my heavy old HID anymore plus the light color makes the trail features stand out better. It has good beam that is in the middle between broad and focused

[Jan 26, 2015]
GhostX
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Helmet mounted: No cable ease of running and set up. Weight not an issue with helmet mount. Plenty of light for a single set up, perfection when used in a 2 light set up.

USB charging only from the factory. Requires 3+ hours for a fully charged light.

I have owned this light since Xmas of 2014, and used over a dozen times since. Very easy to mount, charge and set up. Once on my helmet, easily adjusted for line of sight night time riding. With the provided helmet mount makes night riding a joy. I also have a Nite Rider 1400 bar mounted to the bike...so a great set up for local North San Diego Trails. Durable casing for the usual bumps and tree branch brushes. Easily packed for twilight rides and snaps into its secure helmet mount quickly. I was concerned a bit with helmet mount vibraton/wiggles, but no issues so far. Just cinch down the straps through the ventilation ports...and good to go. Very pleased with the quality and light output of this light. On the plus side, my wife uses the same light for her bar mount, and is pleased with that output as well. She uses a Lumina 700 for her helmet mount.