NiteRider Lumina 1100 Boost Lights

Available At
Best Price At

Niterider Lumina 1100 Boost Light don't let the dark put a damper on your ride Niterider's new Lumina 1100 Boost features a variety of...

[Oct 18, 2017]
Aaron Summers
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, bright enough for most rides.

Narrow beam pattern - more spot than flood. A bit too long to be mounted on the front of most helmets (this is where I like my lights) - makes it hard to get the right angle. However works just fine when mounted to the top of the helmet.

Walk mode takes too long to access - I would like to see it moved in with the other main light levels.

I've been using a NR Pro 3000 on my helmet for a few years, which has been overkill and also a bit heavy. I wanted a lighter, self-contained unit without cables. The Lumina is primarily advertised as a Road Cycling light, however when I saw they upped the output to 1100, I had to grab one.

I found the light is plenty bright for most rides, however a bit more Lumens and a wider beam pattern is desired when the trail gets twisty and technical. I found a 2nd one for cheap, so I am now attempting to use two on my helmet - one with a diffuser to create a flood beam. I will update my review after I have tested this.

With the lockable switch, it makes a great light to stash in a jersey or backpack pocket for those evening rides which take longer than expected, or as a spare if your main lights fail.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.