NiteRider Lumina 1100 Boost Lights

Available At

Niterider Lumina 1100 Boost Light don't let the dark put a damper on your ride Niterider's new Lumina 1100 Boost features a variety of...

[Nov 05, 2019]
Michaelnelson

OVERALL
Strength:

It's bright has 3 modes and I only have felt the need for the lowest setting. I don't often ride in the dark but each time it has guided me home. Battery life is great so far but I have idea how much is left or if it indicates you somehow. I just charge each time or every so many weeks. I have crashed with it mounted to my bars about 4 times and it still functions just fine.

The mount on handlebars is either too tight or too lose. Also where it clips the light to the mount it doesn't always catch. It's a good design maybe mine is just flawed from a crash or something.

Price Paid:
[Oct 18, 2017]
Aaron Summers
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, bright enough for most rides.

Narrow beam pattern - more spot than flood. A bit too long to be mounted on the front of most helmets (this is where I like my lights) - makes it hard to get the right angle. However works just fine when mounted to the top of the helmet.

Walk mode takes too long to access - I would like to see it moved in with the other main light levels.

I've been using a NR Pro 3000 on my helmet for a few years, which has been overkill and also a bit heavy. I wanted a lighter, self-contained unit without cables. The Lumina is primarily advertised as a Road Cycling light, however when I saw they upped the output to 1100, I had to grab one.

I found the light is plenty bright for most rides, however a bit more Lumens and a wider beam pattern is desired when the trail gets twisty and technical. I found a 2nd one for cheap, so I am now attempting to use two on my helmet - one with a diffuser to create a flood beam. I will update my review after I have tested this.

With the lockable switch, it makes a great light to stash in a jersey or backpack pocket for those evening rides which take longer than expected, or as a spare if your main lights fail.

• Available At

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.