Lupine Betty R 9 Lights

The system of lamp head with remote control in the Betty R is unique and a World first because it’s specially designed for the requirements of a 40W lamp. The hand rests safely on the handlebar and at the push of a button our Betty switches through up to four individually customizable light levels with a maximum output of 3600 lumens. As a direct comparison, 3600 Lumens is brighter than any common Xenon car light! Betty R 9 comes with an 8.4 Ah Smartcore battery and a helmet mount; to put it on a handlebar an optional mount-set is available.

[Sep 17, 2013]
Eddie

OVERALL
Strength:

3600lm is amazing, and the remote controller looks quite high end.

to...............o expensive!

Did you say the remote controller can control the lamp up and down with the helmet mount? pls confirm, tks!

[Dec 23, 2012]
stu06

OVERALL
Strength:

More light than you'll ever need; User-configurable power levels; Remote switch; Second-to-none design, engineering, and construction

A bit heavy for helmet use compared with the other, tiny light heads currently on the market

I purchased this light primarily because my night vision is impaired and there was no way I was NOT going to ride during the winter months. Previously I had been using a Jetlites X-51 on my helmet and found that I would experience "tunnel vision" due to the spot-type beam. Moreover, at higher speeds (>25 mph) I couldn't fully relax because I was so focused on the narrow field of view afforded by this type of beam. Enter Betty. Since it has a wide, 26-degree flood pattern, I am now able to ride in a "field" of light and can relax much more on faster descents while having a much greater visual sense of the periphery of the trail. (It almost feels like riding beneath street lights.) Also, the remote switch allows me to quickly dim the light as needed in order to avoid blinding oncoming bikers or hikers even while bouncing around on a descent. This light truly meets all of my needs. Obviously, the high cost is a major consideration but being able to ride comfortably at night is priceless.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.