Lupine Betty 6 Lights

[Aug 24, 2008]
Whstlr

OVERALL
Strength:

Awesome Lumens! (Betty 7)You can see.... Everything! Awesome charger, and fantastic build quality

None except price, but you get what you pay for

I did a lot of research re Bike lights before my purchase. Most of my friends have Ay Up lights and swear by them. (great light for the price and ease of use!)I have a philosopy of buy it first time, by it right, therefore i wanted the best i could find.

I ended up deciding to go for the betty 7 lights because i figured for an extra couple of hundred dollars i would get a far superior light, and man what a light! I have it mounted on my helmet, so it always points to where i look, no need to have one on your bars as well as this light lights up everything! looking forward i can see everything (its like having a car headlight on high beam! its that bright!)including my computer and heart rate monitor on my bars.

The battery you can mount on the helmet, but i opted to use the extension cable to put the battery in my camelbak. keeps it out of harms way and keeps it warmer than in the cool air.

The light is even spread, and the ability to set up the brightness levels with the 7.1 version of the PCS is great. I have mine set at about 17w full beam (almost no difference between the 23w and 17w light output but it saves battery)about 60% second beam (use that on fire roads) and 1w for setting up the bike, talking to people, etc etc. I havent run out of battery yet, but if i ran it at the 17w setting (full beam, normal power setting) i should get around 4.5 hours run time.

The Charger one charging unit is great, plug it in to the car lighter socket, or mains power, plug your battery into it and it works out the rest. Easy.

I only feel sorry for people coming in the other direction who look into the sun on my helmet!

Bottom line, if you want the best light that you can buy, get this one! Fantastic light!

[Aug 21, 2008]
skibum1

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything. Quality. Brightest, most durable light I've ever owned.

Cost

I've owned so many Niterider lights its rediculous. All of them failed after a couple of years. Then spend more money to "upgrade" to another Niterider because thats what all the local shops carry. Tried Dinotte, Princetontech and some others. Now Lupine. Did my research, sucked up the cost factor. All I can say is holy crap. It is by far the best investment I have made. I cannot wait until fall/winter after work night rides to really light up the trails. Quality is 2nd to none. Insanely bright. Durable. German construction, almost bullet proof. Would never go back to Niterider or any others again. Pay cheap, get cheap. Not here. Beautiful lighting system.