Light & Motion Vis 180 Lights

Best Price At

Nearly 3/4 of all crashes between bikes and cars occur at intersections, and not surprisingly most of those occur in the evening hours when the light is fading and everyone is tired and trying to get home after a long day. Often enough, motorists simply drive right into cyclists. Light and Motion...

[Jul 15, 2013]
frank

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright

NONE!

This light retails at a tad under $100, there isn't a light on the market till you get over $150 dollars that will remotely keep up with it. The best way to describe this light in it's intensity is like looking at an emergency roadside flare! It can be seen on the brightest day for at least a mile. What I did find odd about this light is that the steady mode is actually a bit brighter than high pulse at pulse peak. I bought several contenders when I got this light to take home test and return the losers, plus compared it my current taillights, and I also compared my L&M Vis 180 to a friends light from a competitor the L&M Vis 180 was a overwhelmingly the clear winner. The L&M also excelled in side visibility against all the other lights.

The mounting system is well made, it can be strapped to a seat post, rear stay, or the seat tube, or it can be clipped on to a seat bag if the bag has a light tab. I clipped mine onto the seat bag and gave it several hard tugs and it will not come off unlike a competitor that I have because it fell off of someone elses bike and I found it.

Cateye LD600 (own); Cateye LD1100 (returned to store); Planet Bike Turbo SuperFlash (own); Blackburn Mars 4 (own); and the Serfas Shield (returned to store). Compared the L&M Vis 180 to my friends Magicshine taillight.

You can get it cheaper online than what I paid for it but I wanted fast return in case I didn't buy it like I did with the other two.

[Dec 13, 2011]
pktrain

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright, smartly designed, well-made/quality, good functionality/ease of use

Charging mechanism, long length is hard/impossible to fit if there is too little exposed seatpost

For the price, quality, brightness, and design, I believe this is easily the best bicycle tail light currently available. It's not perfect, however, as it is quite long vertically which caused me to raise my seatpost 1/2 cm to get it to fit on my road bike. Also, I just don't understand USB charging let alone having USB charging as the only charging option. Nonetheless, I feel considerably safer riding at night with this light and can notice drivers giving me a little extra room. Great light!

Niterider, Cateye, Knog, etc. blinkies

[Oct 03, 2011]
marzocchiz2

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright!

charging

This thing is bright! It actually lights up the ground behind me while riding. Cars usually take a wider pass, there's still the idiots that drive as close as they can as they pass. I had one driver pull up next to me at a red light and thank me for being so lit up. I see (at the last possible second) too many bikers in SF in the heavy fog with no lights or reflectors and wearing dark cloths. Come on people, think! If you can't see more than 2 street lights in the fog how do you expect anyone to see you? My one problem with the light is how often it needs to be charged. I think I might have changed the batteries once in my superflash in over a year of using it, the Vis180 needs to bee charged at least once a week for the amount of riding I do. This is a great tail light and the safety it provides is worth the price and hassle of charging.

superflash, other blinkies

[Mar 26, 2011]
dmcneely

OVERALL
Strength:

This is the best light on the market for any cyclist riding on the road. Sure, we need bright headlights to see where we are going, but more important for both day and night use, we need to make sure that cars see us and they are always driving faster and approaching from behind.

This light produces light both out the back as well as to the side, which is very important to make sure that drivers approaching you from any angle can clearly see the super bright light. When riding home from work, I always hear cars slow down or change lanes to give me more room, exactly what I want.

Battery life is great, I've never run low or out of juice, and the best part is that I can charge the light at work using a standard usb cable hooked up to the computer.

The design is also beautiful as it fits directly behind the seat post for an elegant look that can't be seen from the front, aerodynamic. And it can be angled perfectly perpendicular to the road, locking in place to direct the light straight back. It's also made of metal and feels rugged without being heavy, which should last much better than cheap plastic blinkys.

Every cyclist riding on the road needs the best rear tail light possible since cars are always passing you from behind. This is the hands down best light to make sure that drivers approaching you from behind or the side will see you.

other cheap blinky which didn't last too long and wasn't bright enough.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.