Light & Motion Urban 700 Lights

Best Price At

Urban commuting requires a light system that's easy-to-use and easy to see with. And since the Light and Motion Urban 700 Light is engineered specifically for the demands of commuters, that's exactly what you'll get. And in addition to putting out more light than any previous Urban series light,...

[Jan 19, 2015]
Ted

OVERALL
Strength:

Same as other comets: excellent, smooth, round beam pattern, gradual fall off to edges. Wide enough to be useful. Good battery life. I like the side lights because I mount this on my helmet

Clumsy access to charging port - the USB connector is tucked next to the swiveling handlebar mount and it's difficult to get a straight push into the jack if poor light or in cramped conditions.

I like this light for its excellent beam pattern, which I saw on another test website. I also wanted the helmet mount. I ride a recumbent, and want the light as high up as possible. I also want to be able to shine it at motorists or at object not directly in my line of travel. I use it for commuting in not very dark streets. But 1/4 mile of my commute is on a dark, paved trail and it works very well there, even on the medium setting. And excellent value.

[Jan 09, 2014]
Nick

OVERALL
Strength:

Wow, incredible beam and light from such a small package. Perfectly round and smooth semi-wide angle with no hot spots, very well designed reflector.

I bought on a whim before a night right, and am very happy with it after a month of so of rides. Will easily go over two hours on full brightness, which is very bright. Definitely 700 lumens or more. Mounting strap is great, helmet mount is great. Switch easily operated with gloves on.

When used as a handle bar light the orange side-lights are annoying. I do mostly evening and night trail riding, so this bugged me until I put little pieces of silver reflective tape over them. They still shine orange, but now it's perfect.

Favorite light I've ever used. Incredible power and beam from such a small package. Battery lasts a lot longer than advertised. I use it as a bar light on my all-mountain bike in addition to a powerful spot on my helmet, the only thing that I can think of to improve it would be to dim down the side lights or be able to switch them off.

A very well designed and build light, not just for commuting.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.