Light & Motion Urban 180 Lights

Everything a bike commuter could ask for - powerful light system with safety side lighting and environmentally friendly USB rechargeable battery. Creating a new paradigm in bike lighting and safety. The Light and Motion Urban 180 uses a single cell Li-ion cell carefully packaged inside the light. These products feature a new battery charge indicator that reliably reports the charge status so you know when to re-fuel. Includes: Bar mount

[Jan 12, 2012]
aj3

OVERALL
Strength:

Sturdy, internal battery, brightness, reach/throw, 180 lumens.

internal battery (not replaceable?)

It may still be early in the game but this light does the trick for me. I was looking for a light that mimicked the features of my Surefire (that use for tactical situations) and this light comes reasonably close.

-It has good beam reach but it is not too focused. Sitting at stoplights at dusk, I feel that I might be blinding automobiles across the intersection...and that is on the low setting.
-I like that this light has 4 modes all with decent runtime... High 2:40, Med 4:40, Low 8:30, Strobe 24:00 (in hours).
-The unit feels sturdy including the thick rubber strap that connects it to my bars (but makes it simply detachable).
-An easy micro usb cable charges this light back up.

The one minor flaw that I see thus far is that the strap is just a tad short to double back on the thick part of my handlebar (FSA XC-281AOS)...no worries though, you can either pull it extra tight and double back it, or pull it snug and leave it single.

Considering that I got this on sale and still would have paid full price for the great job it does, I give this light 4.5 - 5 Flamin' Chili's for Value and 4.5 - 5 overall, but I'll mark 5.