Light & Motion Stella 200L Lights

Light & Motion Stella 200 L (Li-ion): The Light and Motion Stella 200-L Bike Light is a great light for all around use including commuting. Regardless of where or how it is used, the Stella 200 packs a potent combination of power, runtime, versatility

[Oct 10, 2010]
bonifp

OVERALL
Strength:

Lots of light, long burn times, quick charge times

Cord is very short, need to mount 1/2 lb battery on helmet, a little heavy for that.

Great for handle bar, not so much for helmet mount.
The light itself is very light and powerfull, with long burn and quick charging times. I already have a NR HED light for my handle bars, so I bought this light for my helmet. The lights came with a helmet mount, but the cord on the light is only ~1 foot long, so you have to mount the 1/2 lb battery on your helmet, which is a strain on my neck after a while. I contacted L&M to see if there was an extension cord available, so I can put the battery in my jersey or hydration pack. No dice.

Bottom line is the light works great for a handle bar setup, but not optimal for a helmet mount. I think they missed the boat on this part.

Nightrider HED

[Dec 03, 2009]
MTB Moe

OVERALL
Strength:

Lots of light where you need it when you need it. Super light on weight and easy to mount to your bar or helmet.

None at all, this is a great product

I have never been more satisfy with a lighting product. I ride a lot of night rides and the Stella 200L has come thru everytime. It's very rare that you buy a product these days that actual works as advertised and many times my battery has lasted longer than the published time lengths. Bottom Line Buy it, it works, Mucho Chilis Comin!!

[Oct 02, 2009]
ZipsBiker

OVERALL
Strength:

Weight
Long burn times
Easy to recharge
Reasonably bright for the price

Full price is a little expensive
The cord can be annoying when the light is helmet mounted

This is a great light, especially for 24 hour racing. It works equally well whether you mount it to your helmet or bars. For racing you will want to use it with another light. I've used it alone when not racing and generally mount it on my helmet. By itself, I can ride pretty fast with it when I know the trail. On unfamiliar trails I need to keep the speed down a bit. The light unit doesn't weigh very much and the burn times are really long.

I used it for the 24 Hours of Moab last year mounted on my helmet in conjunction with an older 200 lumen Nightrider mounted to my bars. Of my 3 laps, that night lap was my fastest lap. Needless to say, I didn't need to hold back for lack of light.

I was fortunate enough to get a great deal on this from Beyond Bikes last year. If I had to pay full price I would rather buy a Joystick from Exposure Lights. It is nice not having a cord on your back. Performance wise, you can't really go wrong with this for a 200 lumen light.

Value would get 5 Chilis if it was closer to $200.

Exposure joystick

[May 07, 2009]
Brian Mibach

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to install. Easy to work with gloves. A ton of light for a reasonable weight.

There I was... my first mtb race. The coolist 24 Hour race.
Rain, mud, lots of spills and the Stella worked like a champ. I rode a lap at sundown and the light provided by the Stella made the transition easy on the bike and the rider.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.