Knog Bullfrog Lights

The Bullfrog from Knog gives you 5 bright white LED lights for enhanced visibility. 4 light modes: steady, standard flashing, alternating LED flashing and rapid pulse flashing Silicon body with an integrated mountThat loops aroundThe handlebar (from underneath)To a hook closure Fits bars/posts 19-32mm in diameter 30 hour constant burnTime (upTo 220 hours flashing) with 3 AAA batteries (included) 126mm x 61mm x 38mm; 78 grams For use as a safety light only

[Apr 25, 2010]
Kitkat

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks cool, quite bright (when it works), no plastic attachment to seat post to break off before the light does, easy to get on and off (good for commuting bike which I have to leave downstairs)

Everything else ... inconsistent brightness, unit turns itself off when riding, plastic lens already cracked after just 1 month

After trying out a similar front light (which I quite liked), the rear light was a major disappointment. It seemed practical enough to get on and off after commuting. The light wasn't quite bright enough, it turns itself on and off, and the plastic lens has already cracked after a month of riding. I tried to light it but it's just not great. Back to the $2 flashing lights it is.

Every type of LED rear light imaginable

[Apr 09, 2009]
stib

OVERALL
Strength:

Cool design aesthetic.
Flexible mounting options.
No tools required for placement and removal.
Multiple flash modes.

Inconsistent brightness.
Poor water resistance.
Unit randomly turns off while riding.

I really wanted to like the Bullfrog. I liked the design aesthetic and concept, but I was ultimately disappointed by the unit. The greatest concern for me was the inconsistency of brightness - at times the unit was bright and working well, then the next minute the brightness would drop-off significantly. The unit would also randomly turn-off while riding.

These characteristics would occur regardless of whether the batteries were freshly charged Ni-MHs or brand-new alkalines. It was this inconsistency and randomness that caused me to lose confidence in the Bullfrog.

I was also disappointed that the unit is not water resistant (never mind waterproof). I found that after a quick rain ride (I live in So. Cal., so it wasn't raining that hard), that a decent amount of water had entered the unit. I assumed that with a silicone body and a name like Bullfrog, that the light would be at least water resistant. Let me assure you that it is not.

Save your money and buy something else. For the most part, I've been pretty happy with the Planet Bike Superflash.

Planet Bike Superflash

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.