DiNotte Lighting XML-1 Lights

A new DiNotte innovation, the XML-1 uses the newest CREE-XML LED for maximum performance in a single LED light. This affords the rider a very bright light in an extremely small package (estimated 400 lumens, but it's so new we haven't had it officially measured yet). The XML-1 is most similar to our 200L series lights, but with increase light output, updated look, and smoother beam. The XML-1 uses the same lithium ion battery and charger system as previous models ensuring maxium performance, value and safety.

[Oct 01, 2012]
David
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a light weight, compact, bright, efficient, well-made light. I use it on my helmet along with a XML-3 on the bar. Together, night riding is amazing even on technical trails. It stays cool and has a simple and effective mounting system. The charger and battery seem first rate. The light output is very conservatively rated at 400 lumens. Used it recently on a rare road ride -- blinking. Was able to leave it on for the full 6 hour ride. Really helped for daytime visibility on roads.

None so far.

Hard to beat this one when you look at quality, lumens, weight, and run-time relative to price.

Dinotte XML-3

[Feb 19, 2012]
Structure
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

VERY clean and simple to use. I didn't need to read the instructions or fiddle with anything. Just open the box, charge, and strap on. I did read the instructions anyway (personality thing), but the system was all so simple and well-made that there was really no need. I love the positive connections on the cables. I love that they include a long cable (which works great when putting the battery in a camel back and the light helmet mounted. Or leave the extension out and mount light and battery both on the helmet with the including mounting hardware. They even included a Velcro cable tie.

The O-ring system for connecting the light to the helmet or bar mount is also a thing of beauty. So simple but so good. I was worried the light might slip, but so far it's easy to adjust while on the ride, but stays where I point it.

The helmet mount (which is what I've been doing with it) is goes on easily and is secure. I leave the light in my camel back and mount it if needed (ride running late or whatever). I like having some an easy to use and light weight system. It makes it viable as a "carry in case" thing or as a primary riding light.

I realize others are using these lights in tandem with some other light. Or running the more powerful XMLs. However, I was quite impressed by the brightness. For very high speeds one could outrun the beam, but for "normal" riding it's enough just by itself. Don't let the low price fool you. This is a well made and very usable night riding system. It's not just for a "secondary" light or emergency use. That said, if I was night riding a lot, I would probably get two. One for the bars and another for the helmet. For my use, mounting one on the helmet is plenty.

None so far.

An excellent, high quality light as a very affordable price. Perfect for someone looking for an intermediate night riding light or a "oh [email protected]" emergency light for just before dark rides. It provides very respectable light for even aggressive riding, but would probably be ideal as a second light in such a use.

NightRider

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.