DiNotte Lighting 800L Lights

When you need the highest level of brightness plus the flexibility of dimming, flashing, long run times with the durability of LED technology, the 800L systems provide the best choice.

The 800L is a four LED product sure to impress any road or mountain bike user. It's our brightest light yet, and has a wider beam than the 600L while maintaining similar intensity.

The 800L light series offers unique features such as the instant HIGH power - Regardless of your operating mode, we have one button reserved to be the highest setting possible when there is not time to fumble around with lights. our flashmode also has one light steady while the other two strobe.

[Feb 28, 2011]
singletrack65

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright, well build, super bright, long battery life.

Bar mount bounces around on bumpy pavement; using a rubber band to keep it aimed.
Support

Seems to screen calls & replies instantly when looking to buy (great), but never answered calls or emails when I asked about mount issues. I'm using rubber bands to hold light on target. It's a great light, but the mount and poor support will make my next light another Jet.

Jet Lites; fantastic support & also great product.

[Dec 21, 2010]
Wish I Were Riding

OVERALL
Strength:

Very nice quality, good battery/charger, very bright and lasts over 3 hours on high

I got the 800L and 400L together as a package for a great deal. I don't remember the costs though since it was 2 years ago. I would buy this product again, because it has been flawless for me. I can only use it on high when in wide open spaces, otherwise it is too bright!

Older halogen Jetlites, and my helmet light is a 400L Dinotte

[Nov 18, 2010]
Chopper070

OVERALL
Strength:

Customer service, bright white light, solid feel, easy to use

These lights are awesome - I spent about a week doing research and reading reviews and decided to go with Dinotte. Just the 400L on the helmet is enough to see the trail, it's just nice having the 800 on the handlebars to give the trail a little more depth. These things light up the woods like a football stadium. I really can't imagine needing anymore light unless you have extra cash to throw around and want it just because it looks nice!

Customer service was outstanding as well. I emailed them to to give me some direction, and I got a response the same day that was plenty helpful. I bought the lights the next night online and forgot to put in my PO. I emailed them again at 11 pm and got a response within 10 minutes - top notch in my book.

Oh yeah, did I mention FREE express/priority shipping? I ordered them late Tuesday night and had them Thursday morning.

this is my first set of lights

[Jan 02, 2010]
sbmac

OVERALL
Strength:

Tough, well made, solid mount. Very good run time. Rarely need to run on high.

Powerful, bright light. Bulletproof. I run a 400 on my helmet as well.
You could guide a plane in with these things.

[Nov 07, 2009]
masterofnone

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight lithium ion battery, descent run times, short recharge times. Price is for a 800/400 combo, I upgraded with a second 4 cell battery and extra charger, hence the higher price.

Mounts are just "ok",I've seen nicer. But honestly the lights are secure and don't bounce around. When riding on the road these outshine cars behind you and can't see them coming (I don't really consider this a "weakness").

Until I saw these, I stuck with my turbocats which were bulletproof. But battery technology is progressing and l.e.d.'s are becoming very reliable, and turbocat seems unwilling to change. These lights are extremely bright and lightweight (whole kit is lighter than my old battery alone!). The 800 run full power lasts 2.5 hrs, the 400 4 hrs, and recharge in about 3 hrs. This alone is worth the upgrade to newer lights. The cnc machining and quality of cables and connectors screams quality. I can bomb hills on the road bike up to 40mph and not outrun them, oncoming cars slow down and sometimes flash their brights, even though the lights are not aimed at them. If you're ready for a set of serious lights, the quality/feature/price ratio should put these at or near the top of your list. Just look at the pro reviews!

Turbocat

[Dec 23, 2008]
meder

OVERALL
Strength:

Light output, consistently intense, wide beam, waterproof connectors, quick charge times, reasonable run times (2.5 hrs on high), option of mounting under bar

high mount on bars if mounted on top

Got these lights on sale, bundled with a 400L helmet light. The combined price should have been upwards of
$700. Altogether I'm very happy with these lights. Light years better than my 13yr old Niterider system!(as it well should be) The light engine is beautifully constructed and the battery mounts easily with the supplied thick velcro straps. the wires are also short (but not too short) to keep things tidy. I've ridden with someone that has the Lupine Wilmas, which are 130 lumens brighter, but both my lights combined cost a lot less. The only major difference was the Lupine's light was a bit yellower and a tiny bit brighter. I mounted mine under the bar for an extra measure of protection in crashes and so far so good. The light is easily removable from the qr. mount and everything is easily transferred to another bike if you so wish. I wish the qr. mount had a lower profile, but it does have some nice features; detectable detents help aim the beam from side to side and the mount is solid. It's definitely the best bang for the buck out there.

NiteRider Halogens

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.