Cygolite Trion 600 Lights

The Cygo Lite headlight features a rechargeable battery, 600 lumen output and a compact design.The battery is integrated intoThe headlamp. LED output equivalentTo HID (600 lumens) Weatherproof construction 3rd generation high-brightness LEDs 50,000 hour bulb life 8 brightness/flash settings 3.7 hour rapid smart charger Quick release handlebar mount (fits 25.4 - 31.8mm dia) Li-Ion Battery 2.5 - 12 Hour runTime

[Oct 09, 2013]
Carol

OVERALL
Strength:

Very bright, relatively long burn time.

Handlebar grip was too large for handlebar.

I love this light! I frequently ride for as much as three hours at a time after dark, so I needed something with a relatively long burn time. I'm also riding on trails with virtually no lighting some of the time, so I needed something that really lit up the path. I found this one on eBay for $100, and it really does the job.

The one problem I had was that the clamp was too big for my handlebars, causing the nose-diving that others have references. I solved that by buying a packet of jar grippers at the Dollar Tree, folding two of them up, and rolling them between the clamp and the handlebar. Problem solved!

[Feb 01, 2010]
gerryb

OVERALL
Strength:

600 well directed lumens. Great as a handheld to chase your cat in the dark.

All is good.

It's a light - it's bright! I just wanted to leave a note to those of you having problems w/ the light nosediving... Install the mount bracket backwards - with the screw at the front of your handlebars. Slipping on the light requires a little more push but it will click in fine. The light will be more centered and you won't get the nosediving.

Cygolite MityCross (great helmet lamp). Niteriders. Homemade LiIon w/ Ha bulbs (fun project at the time).

[Jan 19, 2010]
jiw71

OVERALL
Strength:

strong light, decent battery life, no cables!!!!!!

battery life is considerably shortened in cold (Canadian winters)

Light is more than adequate for any type of night time biking (road or off road) Excellent run time - I rarely use the high beam - normally medium low which gives me hours of run time! Good service from the manufacturer - light quit working after about 10 months of use - sent it back to Cygolite and they gave me a new light. This light is compact and very quick & easy to attach and detach (handlebar mounted only) with no cumbersome cables or external battery. In combination with the helmet mounted DualCross night riding is like riding @ high noon. Very satisfied with Cygolite products.

cygolite dual cross pro

[Dec 29, 2009]
Iggymac

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple and easy to use. Just plug it in and charge it up - no cables, no external batteries. Importantly, it does what it is supposed to do - let you see what´s in front on you before you hit it!

The handlebar mount is not up to scratch - once you build up some speed (Usually downhill and on a tricky section)the unit has the habit of ´wobbling´forward and nose diving. Great if you want to see your front tire......not so good if you don´t want to ride into a bank in the dark....

I am really happy with this product - it pretty much does what I want it to do which opens up more hours of riding for me.

Nil.

[Aug 28, 2009]
Gotspeed

OVERALL
Strength:

Very bright and usable light, Extremely well made and very Durable (dropped the light at about 20mph while fooling with the handlebar mount, other than a few scratches there was no damage to the light.)

1. Handle bar mount, since the unit has no external battery it is relatively heavy and has a tendency to "Nose dive" this problem is magnified on a road bike where there is no suspension to soak up the hits.
2. No helmet mount available

Great Light, makes the darkest, roughest single track cleanable! The light itself is incredible, but the mounting system is just not up to par with the light, for the price I expected a total system that worked without having to make constant adjustments.

Niterider MiNewt

[Feb 23, 2009]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Much brighter than HID. No cables. No connections to become unbuttoned. Compact. Simple. Can attach add'l battery. Can use as a very powerful flashlight. Beam is not to wide (flood) and not too narrow. I can see exceedingly further than riding partner's lights. The Trion has 600 lumens on high power.

I'm critical and typically write when disappointed with a product. When I discover a weakness I will update the review.

Abuse it with confidence, I do.

Nite Rider (Trail Rat, Digital Pro, Blowtorch) , Specialized (Fireballs - pitiful), CygoLite (Dual Cross, Li-Ion, TridenX)

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.