Cygolite TridenX LED Li-Ion Lights

FEATURES:

• Light output equivalent to HID
  • Triple High-Brightness LEDs
  • Cross-Fire™ technology with highly focused optical lenses expands the field of vision
  • 8 total brightness / flashing settings:
  • Bicycling Mode: High- Med High- Med Low- Low
  • Special Mode: Fast flash- Slow flash- Walking- SOS
  • Compact & Light wt. Aluminum alloy headlight ( wt.= 115gm)
  • 3 stage battery level indicator
  • Brightness setting indicators
  • Ultra-thin, stem mount Li-Ion battery
  • 3.7 hour smart rapid charger
  • Heavy-Duty Flip-Lock handlebar bracket fits oversized & standard sized handlebars
  • Helmet mount included

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 18, 2020]
    Mikey M

OVERALL
    Strength:

I posted my review under the TridenX LED Li-Ion 600 light (which I think is the same light).

I haven't found any.

2010
    [Nov 21, 2010]
    migonmtb

OVERALL
    Strength:

Like riding with a car's headlight on. This light is awesome! Love the wide beam it produces. It is light, and the battery pack is very small and light. Recharging time is nice and short. Overall, an awesome light. Highly recommend it.

Helmet mount is via a simple velcro strap tie-down. Nice in its simplicity, but it seems to want at least a velcro strip attached directly to the helmet for additional firmness. That's what I did and it feels perfect. It does work just fine with the strap provided provided you tighten it strongly enough. Angle adjustment is via a swivel held in place by just a screw (and nut). No notching. Works fine provided the screw pressure is just right, but it "droops down" or can get bumped off place on bumpy ride if screw is loose. Yes, packaging is a little flimsy, but who cares.

Awesome light! Great brightness, wide beam, tiny and light battery pack. Like riding with a car's headlight beam on. I would give it 4.5 chilis based on minor weaknesses noted. Since half chilis are not available, product definitely deserves rounding to the higher chili. Ride on!

Compared against Jetlites. Comparable price (right between their 680 and 1,000 lumen models). What sold me on Cygolite was smaller and lighter battery pack with similar light output. TridenX also claims a wider beam. It IS a nice wide beam, but I did not get to make a live comparison. Now that Jetlites is coming out with a high powered LED, that may be worth a look (as battery pack should also be lighter), but that will also be a single bulb light, compared to TridenX's 3.

[Nov 15, 2010]

OVERALL
    Strength:

Super bright. Good battery life. Works well in very cold conditions. Very light.

Lacks commuter friendly features

This thing is very light and very bright - to the point that I rarely use the two brightest settings. I commute with it mostly. I wish the blinking patterns were not as bright. They completely blind drivers and I had to stop using them. I also wish I could switch from continuous light to blinking light when I go through tricky intersections. As it is, I would have to turn off the light first in order to go from one to the other and back. Overall, an awesome light keeps me safe. It should do very well on the trail as well...

Cheap stuff. Old heavy cygolite lead acid setup

[May 14, 2010]
    Straw_hut

OVERALL
    Strength:

Holy crap it's bright. Small, light, easy to use. I love the 4 normal settings on it

Packaged cheaply. The plastic carton that holds the unit inside the box is the same type that Orea cookies come in. It would have been nice to see custom styrofoam or anything better thought out for the packaging. AND... the velcro strip that the unit came with was cheap and not strong enough to hold the battery pack to the stem of my bike. I had to use a custom strap that I asked my mother to sow for me. It works perfectly now

Would have given it 5 stars it wasn't for the cheap velcro strip. I guess i'm being a little picky but paying almost 300$ for a bike light, i expect it to be perfect.

NiteRider Minewt x2, BLT halogens

[Apr 10, 2010]
    epicjurneez

OVERALL
    Strength:

what everyone else says!

I must say that I was and am impressed with the quality of this product! Especially for a fraction of the cost of "pop" brands.

Brighter, lighter, constructed better, prettier, and more running time than anything in this price-range.

not the warmest color temp. It seems that a warmer color like amber would bring out landscape features better.

I do things on the cheap. The price/lumen ratio on this product made me pull the trigger...finally on led lighting.

After various led lights lighting my nocturnal forays, I've come to appreciate the warmth that halogens produce. My Marwi's had nice lighting but the battery and light housing weighed a ton!

This current Tridenx set weighs less than a pound and it stays permanently mounted on my helmet for "all" rides.

All my friends freak out when they see how bright the light is, emphatically stating, "I can't believe how bright your light is!" It's amusing.

The rated running time is pretty accurate where I've known many other makes to fall far short of their stated times!

Cygolite's product is superior in design, quality, and finish. Looks like I'll be using this item for years!
    This company's a best kept secret!

this is my first light in this lumen range/led. marwi dual light w/lead acid.

[Feb 05, 2010]
    epic09

OVERALL
    Strength:

Bright as HID car headlight. Can not tell the difference between a car light and TridenX. Lights up the road in front and houses in the local neighborhood. LED light assembly is very compact and low weight.

Can't wait for the next generation with more lumens (800 lumens maybe?) It could use a battery that last longer as an option.

meet my requirements: 1) bright as HID car light. 2) lights the road up in front of me. 3) light reflector total area is large enough to look like its a motorcycle light. 4) has to 2 different flashing modes and 4 steady light output modes. 5) light is small and compact. 6) battery is small and has 2.5 hours at high output.
    I would recommend this light for anyone for road bike use. I would think this would work great in mountain biking too.

Cateye hl450

[Dec 22, 2009]
    Anonymous

OVERALL
    Strength:

Lots of light!, great battery duration, compact and very lightweight

This light has completely exceeded my expectations. It mounts perfectly on the handlebar (including the battery, which velcros nice and snug to the stem), emits a ton of light, and lasts for hours. I caught a sale at REI and relative to the price of competing light options out there, this is a no brainer. I've been extremely happy with this light and would highly recommend it.

[Dec 17, 2009]
    Jon

OVERALL
    Strength:

Bright, even light; solid handlebar mount; good controls; lightweight

Broad beam pattern results in not as much "bright" light (see below)

Absolutely awesome light with a really even flood of light up front. The light head has 3 LED's, two of which shine out ahead with clear lenses, and one of which has a diffuser so that the light spreads out closer to you. This basically lights up everything in front of you and off to the sides pretty well - it's more like riding in daylight than the 'riding in a tunnel' feeling that I got with my old halogens that had a much narrower beam. The only downside of this is that my Cygolite MityCross helmet light tends to make a big bright spot when I have it on high, filling in the shadows from the TridenX on the bars and making it hard to judge the height of rocks and drops. The solution was just to turn the helmet light down a notch in the rocky sections.

The light head is aluminum - solid and sturdy, though still small and lightweight - and the handlebar mount is fantastic, especially compared to those O-ring systems used by other manufacturers. I did have one issue - in the sub-freezing temps last night and with a pair of heavy gloves on, I pushed too hard on the tab that latches the light to the bar mount and it snapped off. Totally my fault, but I called Cygolite this morning and they're sending out a replacement mounting bracket to me at no charge. That's great service!

I would buy one again in a heartbeat (and the MityCross 350 too). Oh, and these lights are a pretty good deal considering the light output and quality construction - I found mine online for $269 (list is $350).

Old NiteRider halogens, Cygolite MityCross 350

[Oct 14, 2009]
    Anonymous

OVERALL
    Strength:

strong bar mount
    awesome wide beam pattern with a long throw
    great price

great bang for the buck!
    stop thinking about it and just buy one.
    I works perfect for riding the Cottonwood system in Las Vegas. I'm amazed at how much light this thing puts out.
    I've riden for over 3 hours with plenty of power left in the battery. I started off by switching the brightness settings to help conserve battery power. I don't even bother anymore because the battery seems to last forever. The charger works great! It's about the size of a cell phone charger and It's so simple to plug it in for a recharge.

20 dollar commuter lights (cateye and bell)

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.