Cygolite Night-Explorer Lights

• Thumbscrew easily adjust beam direction up and down
  • Easy-to-mount, compact rechargeable battery pack
  • Runs up to 3 hours on a single beam- 1 1/2 hours on dual
  • 3 beam patterns (10w narrow, 10w wide, 20w combined)
  • Padded black battery pouch
  • Easy to install/remove quick release mount
  • Sleek, low profile, aluminum alloy casing
  • Side-to-side swivel for excellent peripheral vision
  • Bright anodized colors: Red, Blue, Black
  • Upgradeable to helmet mount (HELMET MOUNT KIT SOLD SEPARATELY)
  • Charge time 15-17 hrs

• USER REVIEWS

[Dec 09, 2001]
    Toast

OVERALL
    Strength:

Bang for the buck, very good lighting, dual beam,
    helmet mountable,

Battery is a little heavy, slow recharge time, where's the
    smart charger?

I do a lot of night time commuting back and forth from school. I originally bought a cheap Bell halogen light so cars would have a fighting chance of seeing me. But it was absolutely worthless in terms of lighting power. The Cygolite Night Explorer is a huge huge step up. I usually run the spot beam and I can see at least 100ft ahead of me clearly. The Night Explorer can light up stop signs from 500 ft away. Be sure to adjust the light or you'll have cage drivers flashing their high beams at you. Five flaming turds for this one!

Bell piece o' crap Vistalite Road Toad copy

[Jan 05, 2002]
    Kyle Lui

OVERALL
    Strength:

nice bright light, compact, cheap

battery not as light as more $ systems

I recommend it to everyone, great product for the right price. Get the helmet mount

nightpro

[Sep 05, 2001]
    Jeff

OVERALL
    Strength:

Dual-beam light, burn time, price!!!

gel-cel battery a little heavy

I knew I wanted this light and had to search for it. Found it online. Value and quality more than makes up for the search. The wide and spot beams make for great light on the single tracks. Love it!

Cat Eye 2-C battery light

[Dec 22, 2000]
    Eric

OVERALL
    Strength:

Brightness, twin beams, quick release, battery can be bike or helmet mounting, metal light casing, rubberized on/off switch

straight cord (as opposed to wound), all your friends want to ride in front of you because your light is the brightest on the trail and it will light the way for them and you!

This is the best light for any money. I usually run the wide beam and it is so bright. It has good adjustment as far as up and down and side to side, and stays securly in place on the bar. It lasts long enough that I can ride my bike to the trails, do a few laps, and still have enough juce to get home. If you want a qualty light that does the job above and beyond, get the cygolite night explorer.

this is the first

[Apr 18, 2001]
    Hugo

OVERALL
    Strength:

Well built light. Good run time. Bright enough to do trail riding even with just the flood bulb.

Other systems out there are brighter, but not at this price.

I paid much more for my Vistalite which has given me nothing but problems, nevermind trying to get parts for. I haven't even had to change the bulb in my Cygolite system. If you need parts, you can order off the web or just call.

Vistalite

[Nov 30, 2000]
    Matt Feldman

OVERALL
    Strength:

Light has very bright beams and good area coverage when cruising throught the trees at night.

Short Power cord

Great light at a great price. Well worth the money. Anyone in need of a great lite for trail riding should look into Cygolite

NiteRider

[Mar 24, 2003]
    Armando

OVERALL
    Strength:

These these lights are bright! I usually ride at the lower 10 watt setting. I can easily swap the lights onto my road bike. On the road, oncoming cars turn their highbeams on, you click it onto the dual or 20 watt beam, and they always turn theirs down.

Long recharge time 15-17 hours (inconvient if you work the day after and hope to get on the trails again the following night). No battery level/time left indicator.

For the price, you can't go wrong. I ride in rocky terrain and after using these lights for a month. I'm confident that they can take a beating. If you haven't tried night riding, you're in for an awesome experience.

Moonlight

[Mar 17, 2000]
    Rick

OVERALL
    Strength:

looks,durability, twin beams

I have used this light for two years and have also found it to be a great deal for the $. I use it mostly on the single wide beam as I also have a helmet lite. It will easily go 2 1/2 hrs on a charge at that setting. My vista-lite HYP 15 on my helmet I have to change the nightstick about every 45 minutes. love that light.

vistalite
    nightrider

[Feb 11, 2000]
    Tim Ballin

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price
    Brightness
    Twin Beam

I have been using my Cygo Lite Explorer for 2 + years and it is still going strong. When I first purchased the light there were alot of different lights to chosse, but the guys at the store swore by this light. I have no complaints, an for the price you can't find anything out there much better unless you want to spend $$$$$. I give this product 5 flamin hot ones.

[Feb 07, 2001]
    Max

OVERALL
    Strength:

Very bright dual beam, water resistant aluminum casing, easily mounted battery.

This is an awesome light. The dual beams (10 watt spot and 10 watt wide) are controlled by single switch on the headunit. I normally run the wide beam when trail riding and it gives just about 3 hours before it begins to dim. Aluminum casing has nice design and the system is compact and lightweight. This is a very bright light at a very good price!

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.