Cygolite Milion 200 USB Li-ion Lights

[Jun 07, 2011]
cherrybomber

OVERALL
Strength:

nice bright light. great upgrade on the dinky-AAA battery powered cateyes ive been using. literally like night and day.
simple universal USB charger.
easy to mount and quick release.
small package, real quick to mount on your helmet even while biking.
great price.
comes with a helmet mount too which works pretty decently as well.

its a biyatch to take the battery out, not that you need to.
my main complaint- when on medium beam the light interferes with my wireless cateye cyclometer and my polar HRM monitor. no worries on bright setting and seizure inducing blinking mode. problem is with both my cygolites (i bought 2) and my various bikes and cyclometers. took me a month or two to figure out why my cyclometer wouldnt "work at night" but would miraculously work when i get home from a night ride. tried changing cyclometer batteries, angle of sensor pick up etc. etc. but i digress..

get it!

awesome awesome bang for buck for night road rides and easy trails.

since theyre dirt cheap get two of them! 1 for your handlebar and one for your head. then you can rock that singeltrack with confidence.

crappy cateyes in various models and forms.

[Oct 15, 2010]
Alex Torres

OVERALL
Strength:

Compact, solid, reliable and secure. From the packaging to the real life performance, Cygolite managed a trully fine product that delivers what it promises. It comes complete with functional, no-nonsense hbar and helmet mounts, both quite sturdy and versatile.

It takes a little longer than ideal to charge when fully discharged (about 4-5 hrs). But that´s not really a problem or weakness if you plan outings or isn´t racing a 24h event.

I was looking for a compact, simple and lightweight yet reasonable powerfull bike light to use both as second (helmet) light for my MTB exploits, and a commuting/end-of-training-in-the-dark ride after dawn. 200 lumens may not come close to the 800+ I get from my Lupine Wilma but it´s just perfect for both needs and it´s also much simpler and more compact.

It´s quite easy and quick to setup, sturdy and stays unobtrusive. And it´s inexpensive, so much so I´m buying another one to use as flashlight (I know there are options but I appreciate Cygolite and I can use it as a 3rd light if needed or lend to a friend).

Recently I´ve owned a couple of HIDs (Topeak, L&M) and still own and use a few LEDs, especially my beloved Lupine Wilma.

[Jul 09, 2010]
itmct

OVERALL
Strength:

Incredible light output for an internal battery system for the money. Weight isn't bad on the helmet. Both the helmet mount and bar mount work excellent and are easy to use, especially when compared to discount lights. Battery life has been good, over 3 hours on solid high beam. Sure, there's better stuff out there...but at 3 times the cost!

Beam can be too focused for those wanting more broadcast.

Buy it if you want solid light, minimal weight and profile, with no wires and good mounts.

Magicshine, Coleman 105 headlamp, Blackburn Voyagers

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.