Cygolite Expilion 350 Lights

Cygolite ExpiliOn 350 USB: State-of-the-Art Cree XPG LED technology supercharges the ExpiliOn's brightness while the quick release internal Li-Ion battery stick gives riders the complete package: brightness for the trails, compact size...

[Dec 03, 2012]
p2rider426

OVERALL
Strength:

Plenty bright for casual night riding. Multiple modes are great. I use daylight flash all the time and it hardly drains the battery. Great contstruction, water resistant, plenty of battery life on all modes besides Boost. The modular battery pack is a phenomenal idea. Can double as a pocket flashlight if you'd like. Attach and detach from bar mount is very quick, easy, and secure. Handlebar mount is easy to remove/install. SUPER easy to find a charger with the mini USB charging plug. Fantastic light for the price!

Even with the provided plastic half rings and rubber pad, the handlebar mount would not go small enough to mount to the bars of my old steel road bike. I ended up wrapping about 10 revolutions of electrical tape around my bar and then clamping to that which worked out very well. The bar mount allows the light to rotate too easily left and right while you're riding. I tightened the tine little phillip's head screw as tight as I could with my multi-tool and after an hour or so of cables bumping into the tail end of the light on the bar, it will begin to rotate a few degrees. Easily fixed by hand but a little annoying. Takes about 5hrs to charge when drained fairly low. You have to scroll through daylight flash mode every time you way to go from medium or low back to high which can be tough on your eyes when it's really dark out. Didn't come with a helmet mount.

I suspect the battery takes a longtime to charge to keep the battery from aging prematurely, so I'm fine with that. The mount needs a little more fine tuning before it's absolutely perfect but it's a great starting point! I was planning on getting a fairly high quality pocket flashlight and mount it to my bars but I'm sure glad I bought this guy instead! Waaay easy to charge and use, mount has some flaws but is great overall, the modular battery pack idea is fantastic, and all the settings are very useful.

Older cygolite products and old flashlights...

[Dec 12, 2011]
Baldy88

OVERALL
Strength:

Lightweight, solid construction, compact, USB chargable, on the fly battery change out, makes a great flashlight off the bike and good run times.

Helmet mount is extra, but only $15.
Charge time is about 5 hours.

Beam isn't as wide as some lights out there, but the throw is excellent for the lumen rating. Good enough solo for road/gravel riding. Would be OK for a mid paced single track ride. Two of these would be ideal for single track at a race pace. One on the helmet and one on the bars.

Awesome light for the money. You can find this for less than retail on Amazon and E-bay. I got mine at a really good price and would pay full retail for it no problem.

I bought this for a bar light to complement my HID helmet light and also for endurance gravel riding. Why this vs. a Nite Rider wireless? You can change the battery out on the fly. The spare Li-Ion pack is only $30 from Cygolite so you can run on high for 3 hours at a time for as many extra battery packs as you have. The battery packs weigh next to nothing and are small. 6 hours on high will be plenty for my endeavors so one extra battery will do the trick. This is a very flexible platform for my multiple needs. It's one heck of an awesome flashlight off the bike too.

Nite Rider Endruo HID. Cheaper less powerful LED headlamps

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.