Cygolite DualCross Li-Ion Lights

Dual High Intensity LEDs with Hi-Capacity Li-Ion Battery for extensive All Terrain riding
Features:

• Dual High-Intensity L.E.D.s
  • Light output equivalent of 20 halogen watts
  • 100,000 hour L.E.D. bulb life
  • Rechargeable palm-sized Li-Ion battery
  • Multiple stage battery level indicator
  • Multiple light output modes
  • Dual Switches for easy mode selection
  • Weatherproof construction
  • SOS flashing and low-output walking mode
Specifications:
  • Battery wt.: 5 oz.

[Sep 06, 2010]
mtloganbomber

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, extremely bright, long burn time

none so far!

I had bought a Cygolite dual beam halogen light new about 7 years ago and my son snagged it for his own... It is still going strong but I was ready for a new light as I don' think I was going to get it back anytime soon!

Boy, was I shocked at how lighting has progressed in 7 years. The trails I ride in the evenings are connected by gravel fire roads and this new lighting system is like a flame thrower... I felt like I was in a car the light was so bright. I actually startled a few cars coming at me as I think they were expecting a motorcycle the light was so bright. A real asset when bombing down loose gravel fire roads in the forest at 30+mph

Cygolite Halogen

[Oct 29, 2008]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent, focused light output. Bright enough to cast light far down a dark trail. Easy to remove and remount. Great battery life.

I have not found any.

This is a robust, bright light with an excellent battery life. It does a great job of illuminating the trail, with a bright beam focused in the distance and with a softer illumination of closer objects. It is also EASILY REMOVABLE, so you can take it inside with you (important if you do not have a secure place to park your bike when you commute). Because the mounting bracket remains firmly attached to the handlebar, you do not have to fiddle with the focus of the light when you remount it to go home in the evening.

[Jul 21, 2008]
fitchhollister

OVERALL
Strength:

bright, light, sturdy

I can't think of any.

I like this light. I bought it based on the reviews here. I ride on the road with it and on trails. It has more than enough light. I bought the helmet mount but I haven't used it yet. I would recommend this light to other people.

[May 19, 2008]
Glen

OVERALL
Strength:

Top-quality design and construction! Plus many different light modes to choose from, lightweight long-lasting battery, very rugged overall.

Helmet mount a little flaky; it's in no danger of coming off but the single bolt tends to pivot a little so it requires fairly frequent tightening and straightening to keep the light perfectly straight & level, but no big deal.
Sometimes the battery life indicator seems to be overly "pessimistic" in cold (e.g., low 30s) weather; maybe the battery voltage is lower in those temps?

It's a pleasure to use a product built so well. I mount it to my helmet and the battery is light enough that I mount the battery to the back of my helmet with the supplied velcro strap. The light is plenty bright overall; my only complaint is that sometimes the light gets a little lost on dark blacktop roads, making it hard to see all the details of the potholes, but I suspect any comparable light would have the same issue. It actually seems better off-road since it lights up vegetation and natural surfaces extremely well. Since the light is on my helmet, I keep accidentally banging the light against hard objects and I'm amazed that the light still looks like new; the finish never gets dinged or damaged. The battery life seems very good for my needs and the charger works well. My favorite feature is the number of light modes; for example there is a fast and slow flashing mode plus an S.O.S. flashing mode, which I think is a "brilliant" idea. I use the fast mode for daytime road riding since I think it is very "annoying" and attention-grabbing so it probably keeps me from getting run over. I've used it in moderately heavy rainfall with no problems at all. My next light will definitely be Cygolite.

[Jul 01, 2007]
Jimmy

OVERALL
Strength:

Flashing mode gets attention.

White/Bluish light makes it impossible to see depth on a singletrack. Not good at all for aggresive trail riding or when the condition is dusty or foggy.

I bought the light based on the review here. But it turns out that for aggresive single track night riding the light isn't up to par with the halogen light I am currently using. The white bluish color fails to give depth to the rocks on the trail. And, when it gets dusty or foggy you will experience a sort of white out.

This light is great for road riding. It gets a lot of attention when it's in the flashing mode. For night single track riding, the hue of the light needs improvement.

halogen lights.

[Dec 24, 2006]
Randy

OVERALL
Strength:

Ultralight, reliable, durable and stellar customer service.

Purchased at REI w/ 10% discount. Nice white bright light that is ultralight and - I stress - reliable. Battery straps to stem and lasts over 3hrs wide-open. Battery charges very quickly. It is not HID bright, but provides more-than-adequate coverage for my daily 10RT miles commute and occasional off-road treks. I love and often use the different flash modes - its good to be seen. Dont fool yourself - you get what you pay for. This light is worth the cost…

Special note concerning Cygolite customer support: Cygolite replied to my emails concerning this product within 2 day. This is unheard of these days.

[Nov 13, 2006]
Adam

OVERALL
Strength:

Exactly as described.

None.

This light is light and bright! Very bright! LED tech is moving up and at an affordable price, too! I am a repeat customer with CygoLite after my very old model,(8 years) finally bit the dust after a few too many overcharges which thankfully are not a possibility this new model. I highly recommend the extra cash for the Li-on, it is so light and sweet. Run times are accurate and also a bit longer than advertised. I recommend this product to all bikers, trail, commute, whatever! It rocks! You won't be dissapointed.

Much older CygoLite from 8 years ago. 30W Halogen.

[May 29, 2007]
James

OVERALL
Strength:

This light is very bright and the beam pattern is well suited for high speed driving. The battery is very light and compact in size. The mounting system is very slick and is quite rugged. You do have to support the light on the bottom when you push the buttons on the top. This is not really a problem because I do not fiddle with the light when I am riding. I turn it on high beam and ride!

I purchased this light from PricePoint.com and when it arrived I got the impression it was used. The charger was out of the box and so was the light. The charger did not work unless you twist the wire a certain way. I contacted Cygo and I hope they will fix this for me, if not I guess I will put a new connector on the charger. I cannot find any other weaknesses with this system.

I considered this light versus a HID system from Light and Motion. It took me a while to finally decide but I figured that if this light was not bright enough for me I could still use it as an auxillary light because it is so compact. So I was pleasantly surprised to find this light was capable of meeting my needs off road. I usually travel at around 20 - 40 km/hr through twisty paved sections of trail with no problems but you would be over driving this light at any higher speed. At lower speeds in the technical dirt sections you simply aim the light a little lower and it gives you all the light you would ever need to get through safely. As a final note, the strobe function is extremely bright and has a flash rate of a real strobe light.... very cool!

BLT Halogen 21W system.

[May 29, 2007]
sam

OVERALL
Strength:

It does everything it claims.

The bar mount seems a bit flimsy and can move around a bit when you put down on the buttons.

This is the first light setup I've found that will go a complete week of commuting to work and back without needing to be charged (it's only dark on the way back). I can go about 2.15 to 2.5 hours without charging and to me that it a big deal. I've tried various brands that claim to be able to go 3 hours or more (including the very crappy Blackburn X6 system) and none of them have been able to do it. I haven't pushed the light to the limit, but I get the feeling that if I forget to charge it over the weekend, it would still be good for another ride or two before the lights go out. This light is bright, has a tiny battery (smallest I've ever seen) and has a long battery life. What more could you want.

The only downside I see is that the bracket that holds the headlight on the bars is in two pieces and is only supported by a single screw, so it can turn if you push down on it to turn the lights on or adjust the brightness. I've got in the habit of supporting the light with my fingers while pushing the buttons with my thumb and it works fine on the road, but may be an issue off road.

I'm taking off one Chili for the flimsy bracket.

Blackburn X6 and a couple different planet bike models.

[May 12, 2007]
Sanjay

OVERALL
Strength:

Shockingly bright light for its size. Very light battery. Excellent use of tiny leds for battery meter - very neat. Universal battery charger - works in the UK (Li Ion battery model).

None.

I had never cycled on unlit country lanes in 15 years of cycling. Part of the reason was cycle lights were quite weak. But this light has changed all that and I've extended my daily ride this winter to include a long stretch of Buckinghamshire villages. Not only can you see the road surface for 8-12 meters ahead but cars take notice of you! This light has transformed my winter riding.

The use of LEDs for the battery meter is really neat. You know if you're going to run out before you set off on a ride!

And the charger works here in the UK just like Cygolite said it would. Cygo's customer service actually respond to emails. Not just that but they're really helpful.

I bought mine from Beyond Bikes and I think they shipped me a shop soiled one but they kept denying that. So if you're ordering from them be careful.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.