CatEye TL-LD600 Lights

The brightest of Cat Eye's Tail lights with 5 LED's. Easily mounts to a seatpost or seat stay with a universal mounting bracket. Four mode options allow the LD-600 to switch between flashing, constant, side to side, and random illumination.
o 5 LED (25,000 MCD)
o universal mounting band (23.5-30.5mm)
o 30 hours run time (flashing) 15 hrs (constant)
o Battery: AAA x2 (LR-03)

[Dec 09, 2011]
MildT

OVERALL
Strength:

It's bright, it flashes

Stupid, mount

Had I known this light came with this ridiculous mounting strap I would never have bought it. The strap sticks out and rubs on your leg - you can cut it, but then the edges are sharp and scratchy. I ended up cutting the majority of the excess strap off, then taped it down with electric tape. I dunno, maybe I'm missing something obvious in the setup, but as it stands I see this as a big minus. Other than that, the light is bright and it flashes, just like any other rear light.

Heaps of rear lights, no light seams to stand out over any other...

[Dec 20, 2010]
BigWall

OVERALL
Strength:

Very bright for the money.
Durable

Tough to mount unless you use the seatpost.
Not all rechargable batteries will fit.

I own and use 5 or 6 of these lights.
Hard to find a better light for the price.
I've spent many hours riding in the rain and snow and have had no problems, but then again I use fenders.
Many imported rechargable batteries are too long to fit it, but Rayovac NiMh cells have worked fine. I had to make special mounts for under the rear racks.
The quick release is nice for shopping trips - one can just stick it in one's pocket.
Sure, a person can buy a better light, but only if one is willing to spend a lot more money.

Cheap chinese stuff

[Aug 12, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

I own several of these. They are absolutely the brightest taillight out there and can be seen for over a mile. I always ride with at least two at night and have even used them during the day in heavy traffic. One gentleman told me he could see it for several blocks when I was using it on a sunny daytime ride. The batteries last for several months. I use the 5-light constant flash - it seems to get the most attention.

The original bracket is horrible, so do yourself a favor and go to http://www.cateye.com/store/parts.php?cid=3_33 and buy the $1.00 belt clip. I bought several (they work with other Cateye taillights as well). With the belt clip, I attach two lights side by side on the back of my saddlebag light loop or can put them on my backpack. This allows you to switch from bike to bike in about 3 seconds.

Buy this light or the new LD610 model and be safe!

Several others including other Cateye models. This one's the best... I anxious to try the new Cateye LD610... it's supposed to be even brighter.

[Jul 02, 2003]
Ben Ball

OVERALL
Strength:

This is VERY bright and a convenient shape.

Like many LED lamps, the on-off switch is not recessed. This causes unwanted switch-ons when off the bike. Agree with others would be better if waterproof.

A great product, but design not clearly thought through for Urban cyclist. UNfortunately, taking the lamp on and off the bike means it will almost certainly get knocked and switched on when off the bike. Very frustrating and expensive in batteries. Had this problem with a couple of Catseye products (and from other manufacturers)

various LED bulbs

[May 18, 2003]
Won

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright, cheap and effective. It definitely tells other drivers you are on the road, it's a taillight what more do you need.

Mounting bracket is useless, and they shouldve made it waterproof.

The lack of waterproof qualities in this light is really disappointing, however a bit of sealant and a little plastic rain guard for the batter door fixed that problem. As for mounting issues, for those who want it on their seatposts I found it was relatively easy to unscrew the quick release seatpost skewer and put the cateye supplied mount through it. It was pretty rock solid after doing that. As for people who want to mount it on their racks, as I later needed to, you can just take the a piece of metal shaped like an L and bolt it to the underside of ur rack, and then bolt the light mount to that. It's been solid like that for nearly 2 months now.

A lot of Cateye 3 led models, Cateye HL-El300 (another really bright led light)

[Jun 15, 2007]
Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright, weighs little, Waterproofness!

Great light and definitely worth its price tag. People complain abouts its waterproofness, but I've had no such problems despite using it for cycle touring (try the West Coast of New Zealand and Tasmania for wet!!), and commuting come rain or shine.

I've only ever used one setting and that is flashing on the brightest, and I mount it vertically. Batteries last about 40 to 50 hours. It the pitch darkness, it gives a big burst of red light which can be seen from a significant distance.

Mounting has not been a problem as I've used it on my seat-post and above the wheel on the seat stays on various bikes. Can't be fitted to clothing, helmet or pannier racks without some sort of alterations to the mounting bracket. Quick release mechanism works well, but the light generally stays on the bike 100% of the time.

I reckon that this is the best AAA battery rear light on the market (the qualification is that I've recently upgraded to the Dinotte LiIon Rear Light which is basically a rear light on "Stage 16 Landis" steroids, but then you're paying the price)!

SigmaSport CubeRider

[Feb 02, 2002]
David

OVERALL
Strength:

VERY bright.
do not have to take apart to change batteries.
very light.

silly quick-release band.
battery compartment not well weather sealed.
would prefer a proper 'on-off' switch...less likely to turn on in my rucsac, thereby running my batteries down.
AA batteris would be better than AAA.

first, a proper quick-release band would have been nice. the one supplied does work, but there is a piece of plastic sticking out at an odd angle, which is taped down.
i noticed that the cateye reflectors supplied on my bike are compatible...will do a custom job.
changed those cheap mild-steel nuts/bolts for nylon. when will they fit rush proof nuts/bolts?
be careful to make sure the light won't turn on when packed in a bag.
can be mounted vertical or horizontal, though not sure whom would mount it horizontal. also not sure if it would fit on a racer, since it requires alot of seatpost.
many different flashing modes. would be nice if side-to-side kept two LEDs on rather than the one.
alittle over-priced, but i haven't seen a brigher rear LED light. blows away my vistalite VL600.
improve the quick-release band and it would be worth 5 chillis.

having said all this, if you want to be seen, you can't go wrong with a TL-LD600.

various vistalites.

[Nov 02, 2002]
Christopher

OVERALL
Strength:

*It is very bright. (Brightest rear light on the market.)
*Quick to attach and remove from the bike.
*Installation is simple & quick.

*Easily damaged in wet conditions
*When the battery is weak, the visibility is reduced and you tend to blend in with the heavy traffic.

I had to exchange mine when it broke (probably due to water getting inside it). Although it is not water proof, it is the best rear light to be seen in a busy city. It's so bright it can light up a dark room & is blinding to look at! As long as you replace the batteries often, you won't lose the brightness.It is expensive to buy, but on the other hand, nothing is expensive if it improves your safety on the road.

Value rating 4 - Good vaule in terms of safety but it is expensive for a light that is not water proof...esp in British weather!

Overall rating 5 - It is very powerful for 5 LEDs and you can be seen for 'miles' on a brightly lit road.

[Jan 13, 2002]
Nat

OVERALL
Strength:

5 LEDs

I needed a light for commuting in the city.
This is one bright tail light with it's 5 LEDs and has several patterns. It's the brightest I've used and runs on only 2 batteies (AAA). I've been able to about 20 hours from each set of batteries.

Trek's 3 LED tail light

[Feb 17, 2003]
Grant

OVERALL
Strength:

Visibility, mega bright, cool patterns

awful seat post attachment, a bit pricey

A very good light, let down a bit by the awkward seat post only attachment. However i wanted it on my seat post, so what do i care. Ive got a crud-catcher on my marin, no water problems yet. Its definately brighter tham my old vistalite, which i just fancied a change from.

vistalite super nebula 5

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.