CatEye LD120 ll-RC Rear Lights

Small but highly visible LED rear light provides that added degree of safety.. Three ultra-bright LED bulbs offer increased visibility at night. Two modes--steady and flashing--give long-lasting battery life. Runs on two AAA-size batteries. Comes with seatpost mounting bracket.

[Jan 21, 2007]
Fred Eldredge

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple, inexpensive compaired to other similar lights. Seems reliable, runs on triple A batteries.

Expensive for what it really is made up of. Batteries not easy to remove, no way to more permanetly fix it to your bike. 4 Different modes.

I prefer the LD-170 over this one, I find it hard to tell which blink mode I have it on or even if it is off, when I am in the saddle. The LD-170 makes this much easier, and comes with a seat stay mount. If I had to do it over again I would buy two LD-170's and leave the LD120 on the shelf.

Still a good light but I like the LD-170 more.

LD-170

[Apr 29, 2003]
glonghorn

OVERALL
Strength:

man, those LEDs are bright! seems like good quality and the spec'd hours of operation are pretty good.

I don't know how I'm going to get those AAA batteries out when they die. I had to really press them into the housing.

Very bright and that's what you want .... good fit and finish for a plastic light that is only $10. I needed one with a belt clip too and this one had it.

None.

[Jan 28, 2003]
bluey

OVERALL
Strength:

Bright LEDs, 100 hours quoted battery life, separate clothing clip included.

Hard to get batteries out without a lever.

Great all purpose visibility light. Heaps brighter than lights I see other riders using. From what I can see in electronics calatogs, brighter LEDs cost more but use the same voltage and current. You can't tell what quality of LEDs any manufacturer uses in their lights unless you see them operating - but the differerence is plain to see.

[Dec 26, 2004]
Mike Danko

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, good pattern, decently bright, belt clip & mounting bracket in kit.

A hard jar will snap the cover off

Came in a bundle with the HL-500K headlight for a decent price. These were both destined for the commuter beater to avoid snowplow death and conform to Ohio law.

You can't beat the 100 hours you get in flashing mode and he 50 in constant mode. I haven't run it over that yet, but I'm guessing on random flashing mode, you probably exceed the 100 advertised hours. All on 2 x AAA batteries

Unlike the headlamp packaged with the unit, the taillight really shines (no pun intended). Decently bright, attention-getting flashing patterns, and a very long battery life make this a commuterbeater winner.

The only thing I DON'T like about this light is its fragility. I've laid down my bike when it's been mounted to the seatpost, and nearly cracked it. However, for the price, you can't complain.

[May 05, 2003]
Todd Madson

OVERALL
Strength:

Small, bright, inexpensive - the LBS was blowing them out for
around $5 so my wife and I bought two each.

Even though there are two ways to affix it to your bike or
clothing there would still seem to be a better way to attach
it to your bike or yourself.

For the price a good value - surprisingly bright red led light. I agree with the review above - these leds definetely
are brighter than standard LEDs and the lenses each led
shows through magnifies it that much farther. On our first
ride with them last fall I had my wife ride on ahead and I
could easily see the leds flashing brightly at least four
city blocks away. Since we each have two, on longer rides
where visibility would be a concern you could have two of
them - it would be total overkill to have two different
flashing patterns but that's what gets motorists attention.
This would be good for both entry level and experienced
riders just because it works and is inexpensive.

[Jul 16, 2002]
butch

OVERALL
Strength:

high visibility to protect your behind

Placed it on the bike a year ago and used it just for a couple of night rides. Have not changed the batteries yet and if you read the manual, the batteries last for quite some time. If your going to ride at night you need a rear light just the way you need a helmet at all times and this will do the job. For it's price you couldn't ask for more. But maybe they could have made it smaller, but again that wouldn't be as bright!

[Jul 13, 2004]
Darkness Master

OVERALL
Strength:

It's very reliable. Long battery life. Good resitance to envirominent.

Weak bright. In new model 4 blink mode.

I have this light up 2 years and when new agilent technology leds come to our shop i TWEAKED this light with 5 NEW 8000 mcd red LED DIODE now it have overal bright 32000mcd !!!!! Is'n it wonderful?<<

some other lights in similar price

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.