CatEye HL-EL400 Lights

The Compact Opticube Head Light weighs just 78 grams with batteries and is only 9.3cm in length. The three ultra bright white LEDs are magnified using the Opticube lens and reflector technology to put out over 90 candlepower. The innovative magnetic switch allows it to achieve a waterproof seal to 50 meters/ 165 feet. The unique, built-in mount and strap can be adjusted to fit different size bars, and can be rotated to mount the light on a handlebar, a stem, or even on a helmet.

[Nov 25, 2010]
Laurence

OVERALL
Strength:

Waterproof, small, light

Bracket could be better (takes a while to remove/install on bike) and it's not hugely bright - sufficient to stop me stacking it in total darkness however.

Don't see why it's been given such bad reviews - it's not incredibly bright, but it's so versatile - you can use it as a flashlight just as easily, and the flashing mode on it makes you stand out to motorists. I was very pleased with my purchase.

[Sep 15, 2008]
Silentfoe

OVERALL
Strength:

Super light, cheap, long burn time

Cheap, blue LED light?

You get what you pay for. I bought two of these to double mount on my bar. I rode a tough trail that night on a two hour ride and they worked flawlessly. I was dissapointed that the LED was blue and not the standard white and they were suprisingly dim compared to other LED's I own. I figure oh well, I didn't pay much for them and they worked pretty well coupled with a headlamp. They didn't dim at all over the two hour ride and the mounts didn't slip at all. I may post again after a few more rides.

Marwi

[Sep 01, 2007]
Daniel Higgins

OVERALL
Strength:

It WAS decently bright enough for the late rides home from work

not very durable

spend a few more bucks and get something better.... mine only worked the two times I used it.... after that, I think sitting on the handlebars in the sun and rough downhills killed it (third time I tried to use it.... nothing)

[Nov 07, 2007]
Andynash

OVERALL
Strength:

Waterproof, compact

switch, mounting strap

I used it for about 2 weeks and the switching mechanism fell off. It didn't even go through any kind of trauma or anything, I just went to turn it on and the swith was lying on the ground. After the switch fell off I found out that I could turn it on using a magnet though, so I didn't send it back.
The Mounting strap didn't always stay put, especially over bumps. I tried it tighter and looser and it wasn't very secure.
This light would be 5 flamin' chilis plus if those two problems were fixed.

vistalight

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.