CatEye HL-EL135 Lights

Best Price At

The HL-EL135 has three LEDs with OptiCube lens technology for a wider beam with excellent visibility. Featuring flashing and constant modes, as well as more than 320 hours of runtime. This is the perfect compact commuter light.

[Sep 07, 2014]
Steve Miller

OVERALL
Strength:

Economical, durable,ease of use

Easy to accidentally turn on in daylight or while putting it away and not notice.

This has been my bike light for well over five years. The bike sits exposed to the elements at my outdoor job; rain and sun exposure have not affected either the plastic or the performance a bit. I use rechargeable batteries so I always have a set charged and ready to go. Most of the time I store the light in my "under the saddle" bag with my tools and extra tube, only mounting the light when there is a chance I'll need it at night or need to be seen in poor weather. Relatively easy mount and no problems with the mount after 5 years of use.
The only drawback for me has been accidentally turning it on. The on/off button on the end of the product is fairly easy to compress while putting it in the tool bag. I've been known to accidentally turn it on and not notice. That hasn't been too much of a problem though since I always carry a couple of extra charged batteries with me.
It's not the brightest headlight out there but it provides enough light to make the rider visible to traffic. This headlight been a great performer and value for me.

[Apr 18, 2011]
Kona_CT

OVERALL
Strength:

Wicked easy to mount. Let's me keep it in my backpack and attach to whichever bike I'm riding that day. Easy to switch on and switch between modes (strobe / steady). It's fairly slim and light. The output isn't like a car headlight, but I can see it reflecting against stop signs a hundred feet away from me. It will definitely get you seen.

I wouldn't use it if you need a light to see something like a trail. On a sidewalk or the street it works great.

This light will get you seen on your commute. If you ride on rail trails or in the street the steady light mode will help you see. It won't make in front of you look like daylight.

Cheap Bell light.

[Jan 24, 2010]
cateye_products_are_crap

Strength:

Not a practical piece of equipment

This product is unfit for the purpose it is designed for,
as it cannot be used in wet weather as it is not waterproof.
Water gets inside the light and it cuts out. I only had the
light for three weeks and it stoppped working completely.
This product should not be allowed to be sold in shops.
Absolutely execrable.

[Nov 16, 2008]
heli_dad

OVERALL
Strength:

It allows me to be seen during my commute to work. It can also double as a flashlight. Easily attached to the bike

I wish the beam could reach a little farther, and be a little brighter.

If you need a versatile light to satisfy your needs for illumination, and you don't want to break the bank, this makes a great choice.

[Oct 28, 2008]
bwanadik

OVERALL
Strength:

Flash

Mounting bracket that allows the light to be used as flashlight.

It matters not, the light output, nor the low cost. The Mounting bracket requires Jury-rigging for one, and the catch that holds the light brone the first time the bike fell over. It is now taped on. The "catch is obscenely flimsy.
Who should buy this? Folks who don't mind a Jury-rigged light,
Who shouldn't? Everyone.

NiteRider, Flashlight, candle-in-a-jar.

[Apr 30, 2007]
Chad

OVERALL
Strength:

Affordable price, Long lasting battery life.

None considering the price.

Great light for the price, Has a constant beam or strobe mode. The light also has three led bulbs for wider light coverage than a single led light. Suited more for being seen than seeing, but still has enough light not to leave you in the dark. If your the rider who make many frequent night or early morning rides before the sun rises this light is not for you. For Someone like my self you occasionally gets caught in the dark I highly recommend this product.

[Apr 09, 2008]
kcbikeguy

OVERALL
Strength:

Cheap, strong enough so cars wont kill you. Helps see at night somewhat.

Could be stronger/further beam, but I guess thats would cost more money...still works good enough.

works good, inexpensive, clips off to use as a flashlight....I think I use it more around the house than riding cuz I always know where it is! :O

[Apr 02, 2008]
matt martinez

OVERALL
Strength:

small, compact, uses AA batteries. if product dies, all you need to do is change the batteries! easy to mount, and even has removable mounting hardware to isolate light, long battery life

if you put more than 1 on your bike, it may get a little heavy, light is not very bright by itself, on riser bars, the light will shift from the 31.8 base to the smaller diameter of the bar (towards the grips), you can leave the lights on without knowing,

these lights are great for the price. a bunch of my friends have the expensive nightrider systems (like $150!) and other systems that you have to charge. so if you have a spur of the moment night ride, they cant go bc their lights arent charged. also, on one of my friend's nightrider system, the wire came out of the battery and it was not covered under warranty! you wont have those problems with theese lights! these lights need no charging and have a really long life. ive used my lights for about 6 mos and still havent replaced the batteries. i retro-fitted my helmet w 2 of these with zip-ties and put 1 on my bike and they work great. just carry extra batteries and you are set to ride all night!

rayovac, 1 watt head strap light

[Nov 07, 2007]
Andynash

OVERALL
Strength:

mounting bracket, compact

not water resistant

The mounting bracket was easy to install and stays put, plus it works with my older cateye lights. It's a great safety light for around town when I'm commuting after dark. I've even dropped it a number of times and it still works.

other cateye lights

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.