Nike hrm[triax Heart Rate Monitor

· Graphic display accuracy · Ergonomic transmitter · Durable wrist unit · 2 programmable training zones

[Nov 09, 2009]
lisa kandola

OVERALL
Strength:

design, ease of use, value

the buttons are crap

This is my 3rd Triax C5. The first one I had, the button stopped working, so I sent it back to Nike and they "fixed it". It was good for a while, then the button fell off. So I sent it back, and received a new one. That button also fell off. Again, received a new one, was good for a few years....and this morning the button fell off again. I'm so annoyed right now. This watch/HRM sucks.

[Aug 17, 2003]
Dexter Tiangco

OVERALL
Strength:

Lots of features. Got it for a fraction of a price of a polar base model.

The transmitter is crap!!! I had the transmitter replaced after it conked out after 8 months. The replacement i got just gave up as well after around 7-8 months. All this despite taking good care of the transmitter. Polar still has the best quality. Now most of the features of my watch are useless!

The out-of-training zone alarm is too weak.

Don't buy this product! You'll regret it after a year or so.

[Aug 19, 2003]
Clint

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks cool, nice graphs, 100 lap memory is great!

Piece of crap! It's supposed to be water resistant and was for the first 2 years. I never replaced the battery or opened the back case...took it to the beach and the salt water killed it within 5 mins!

Don't buy it! Nike isnt good for watches. I learned the hard way! This unit breaks AFTER the warranty expires!

[Sep 07, 2003]
Burak Begen

OVERALL
Strength:

It looks cool

Transmitter is a crap. Ir worked well for 6 months then It started to say I have either a heart beat of 165 or 115. Or it stops at 140 for 15 minutes. I changed the batteries, no change. The buttons are very hard, sometimes doesnt bother to work at all. I should feel lucky if you hear the out of zone alarm. I dont trust NIKE anymore after this watch. They are not selling products, they are selling their name.

Be careful about all the electronics you buy from Nike. They are not what you expected. They sell the Brand Name, no good products.

Unfortunately, this was my first heart rate monitor. Next time I will make a deep research before buying and no more Nike products.

[Feb 08, 2003]
Craig

OVERALL
Strength:

Decent feature set with target HR zones and dual time zones. Looks nice.

The transmitter is junk. It goes through many batteries and after about 10 months, just doesn't work at all. Before that it didn't work well, often giving ridiculously high or low readiings.

Don't buy it. Stick with Polar, it's worth the extra $$ and the uglier face.

[Nov 16, 2003]
AL

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks good, great functions for runners for interval training etc.

Broke down in 4 months. Still trying to get Nike to fix it and its now been 2 months and they didn't fix it the first time. Strap is uncomfortable.

Don't buy it. If your looking for a heart rate monitor, stick to reliable companies like Polar even though they are a bit more expensive.

Other Nike running watches

[Feb 07, 2002]
Mattias Carlsson

OVERALL
Strength:

This is a review of the hrm triax 15. I think it´s easy to use, easy to read and the fitting is perfect. You only have to adjust the straps and it´ll never fall of.

Lack of functions. Would be nice if there were more functions like average HR, IR port ....

This is a easy to use HR tool for the beginner who has never used a HRM before. I haven´t, but I still feel that there´s something missing like the average HR over a specific time interval, for example. Buy it if you want to start trainig with the aid of HR and also want to purhcase a good looking sportswatch at the same time!

[Nov 15, 2006]
Andrew

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple, durable, large & clear display, backlight, works with Polar hrms, great value for the C5.

Water resistance. I can't race a full triathlon with it. It won't work. The first time I got it wet, it went on the fritz for a few days. I let it dry out for a few days, and it works fine again.

You get funky readings when the battery is low. The chest strap battery lasted over a year for me.

You'll get more with the C5 than any other hrm in the same price range. The C5 is pretty bare bones, however--You get a readout and a workout average, and that's about it.

It works with Polar HRMs on treadmills, etc.

Dont plan on going swimming with it on--it won't recieve signals. I think the battery plate on the watch wasn't tightened well enough at the factory. After I opened it up the first time to air it out, I haven't had problems with it in water after replacing it myself--even when swimming long distances.

[Feb 25, 2004]
Dan

OVERALL
Strength:

The watch is more user friendly than a Polar version. I really just want to know my heartrate so I can train in my target Zone...

The Nike also feels better to use than the polar.

I know a lot of ppl are complaining about the chest monitor but I've got an insight..... the Nike HRM also works with Polar Chest Monitors... Yep I use a Nike Triax 15 HRM with a Polar Monitor 'T61-Coded'... so much for coded ehh!! It guess it should work with the non-coded monitors Polar Monitors too!

Nike HRM picks up signals from other Electronic devices at Random. It thinks my iBook is a chest monitor with a BMP anywhere from 60~121... LOL

Now you can have your cake and eat it too!!! Despite all the bad stuff I am hearing on Nike HRM, they really are pretty decent as far as Basic HRMs go. Sure, Polars are still the best but costs at least 2x the price! Just buy a Nike HRM and a Polar Monitor tada....

Polar S410~T61-Coded Monitor

[May 14, 2003]
Emory

OVERALL
Strength:

many fuctions. I like the graph. I think it's the only HRM offer this.

trasmitter sucks. the watch received signal hardly.

great functionality ;however, if the transmitter work.
I spent 10 mins to adjust the trasmitter for every time I use it. lefty dont buy it.

sigma pc 14