Garmin Edge 810 GPS

Available At

Garmin Edge 810 GPS Enabled Computer. The latest in ultra-high-tech cyclometers from the intuitive minds at Garmin, the new Edge 810 builds on the foundation laid by its predecessor. The same great features you know from the 800 and now, with weather fore

[Oct 29, 2013]
ozzybmx

OVERALL
Strength:

Very fast at receiving GPS signal,
Topo maps work really well, picks up HR monitor straight away (when i use it),
Mapping ability is really good.
Battery has lasted 12h and went down to 28% with backlight set to 1 min so might well last 18h with no light on.

I start 95% of rides at 65m elevation, it can be a bit random where the GPS thinks i am when starting rides, can be -10
Screen could have better resolution.
Expensive.

Wouldnt do without one of these now, love the mapping ability, download set routes or other people routes as a GPX and follow the route using the topo maps, If you don't get the topo maps or make your own its probably not going to be much use offroad. Very easily customisable screens and can change items on the move.
4 value/overall chillies for price and dated screen.

[Jul 02, 2013]
Kevin

OVERALL
Strength:

Way cool technology, love the features and direction Garmin is heading with their GPS cyclometers.

Not for the mountain biker! Works with the road and open air just fine, but I have an Edge 705 that I love and does a great job reporting/recording the data, but when I put them both on my bike and did a 13 mile ride, the 810 came up 3 miles short. Because of that, it also was off on my calories and other data points. My neighbor has a 500 series as well, same technology basis, and he has the same problem.

Love Garmin, but since I mostly ride Mnt. Bike, and the canopy problem is a huge limiting factor on the 810. I wouldn't recommend this for Mnt. Bikers at this time. I've been in contact with Garmin and walked through everything they wanted me to update, but the end result was that I would have to use a cadence sensor to get it to record when under trees. I wasn't hip to that, so I decided to stick with my 705 which records/tracks the data great!

• Available At

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.