Trek Seat Pack Extras

Trek Seat Pack

[Sep 09, 1998]
Lee

OVERALL

Make sure that the thing is closed tight. I actually tied the two zippers closed on the '96 model that I have, and they still came apart on my ride. Ended up losing a spare tube and my $30 mini tool. That was annoying. It works fine, just make sure the damn thing stays closed.

[Apr 08, 1998]
Gavin

OVERALL

I find the pack very useful and easy to detach does not bounce around an hold so much stuff it is suprising when you just look at it the best I have used except about1 year after riding with it you see where the velcro goes around the seat post begins to tear but for $20 it is great so what if you have to replace it in a year.

[Jan 25, 1997]
Byron
cross-country rider

OVERALL

This pack is really great. It doesn't bounce all over the place like others do and it is quickly removed. When urban riding, it's a great place to stick your bike lock cable so it doesn't scratch up your bike. I also have a CamelPak Mule and this pack works nicely as a supplimental pack for heavy or nasty items. Also, if you're just going out for a quick hop and don't want to take your CamelPak, this pack works nice to stick your stuff in for a time. Also, if you lock and leave your bike, this pack allows you to take it with you, very handy. I'm pleased. I haven't had it for long and have yet to have any zipper opening problems, but we shall see.

[Nov 21, 1996]
Luther E. Solomon
cross-country rider

OVERALL

I purchased this pack when I had bought my Trek 930. It worked fine while all I carried was a patch kit, keys and a pager. Things went down when I started carrying an allen wrench, pliers, an extra tube, and food. Now that it is getting cold, I also am carrying a Sweat Shirt. I now have a Pakster, which allows me to carry all the stuff needed. If you are looking for something just to carry wallet and keys in, this baby fills that need.

[Oct 08, 1996]
james michaels

OVERALL

I bought this Trek Pro 60 seat pack primarily because it was easily detachable via plastic clip and velcro. Nice, neat thing that doesn't flop about like my last seat pack did. Off I go down the leafy, autumnal English tracks. After about 30 mins there is a clunk which turned out to be my tool kit falling out. My car key had long since gone. The special key/money zipped pocket within the pack is too small to be of effective use and the zipped back gate is totally inadequate. Two pieces of cord are supplied but to prevent the zips sliding open you would have to knot these cords together in such a way that would defy ones fingers, especially in cold weather. I have cured this problem with the use of two very small key rings and a spung clip such as you find in certain key wallets.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.