Topeak Air DeFender Extras

This fender isThere when you need it, and quickly gone when youdon’t! It stows neatly in a hydration pack or wedge bag with ease. A few pump strokes is all itTakesTo inflateThefender, protecting you from mud and road spray. Once skies clear, deflateThe AirDefender, roll it up and clip compactly for easystorage. Multiple pivots on mount allow foroptimumTire clearance on virtually any bike. Handy quick release makesinstallation and removal a snap. QR seatTube attachment Schrader valve Blow o

[Apr 17, 2020]
joseywalsa

OVERALL
Strength:

I love these, I bought mine in Germany in 2010 while stationed there in the Army. Put them through my own real G.I. Mountain bike testing. Yes they are inflatable but I really didn’t even have to keep them inflated, they stayed up on there own. Taking them on and off my Lapierre Zesty was quick and fast when needed . I did periodically wipe them down after cleaning with armourall or vegetable oil just to keep the plastic preserved. This is 2020 and I still have my rear fender and it still works as intended , no leaks, looseness, ect,,. Some yellowish but not bad discoloration of the clear plastic inflation bladder. I am searching really hard to find more of these that may still be out there for my family’s bikes. I really wish and hope Topeak would bring these back out on the market again. I loved how they reduced the weight of my mountain bike but still helped on those cross country camp trips or even the day trips. Plus they made the Bike look Awsome I thought !

Weakness , hmm well a better clamping mechanism. Don’t over tighten the plastic to metal screw clamp or you could strip out the plastic hole as I did but I have enough common brains to figure out how to fix it a improve it. It’s worked fine ever since. Please bring these back Topeak !

Price Paid:
cant remember?
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2010

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.