Stans NoTubes Tire and Rim Sealant Extras

Best Price At

Makes the injection of tire sealant quick and easy. 2 oz. capacity.

[Nov 13, 2012]
Dean Spirov

OVERALL
Strength:

Eliminates punctures, and even smaller pinches. One time I pinched the read tire on a curb and could see it spraying out some sealant, but I continued riding and it eventually sealed.

Failed to permanently seal a 3mm rip, so I guess the 1/4 inch claim is a bit too much.

Okay, it can't handle bigger rips, but I don't think any sealant can. It's still by far the best sealant I've tried.

Dr. Sludge, Continental ContiSeal

[Oct 25, 2012]
Stu

OVERALL
Strength:

Kicked my ass trying to seal a small hole in a tubeless tire. therefore i'd say pretty strong

didn't work on new ust tire with a small pinch hole. Makes a mess as it ejects from any orafice with more than 40 psi inflation pressure...

Very disappointing...bought brand new Shimano tubeless wheelset w new Kenda ust nevegal tires. Unfortunately, while i was waiting for my Stan's to arrive I pinch flatted my rear tire. Not to worry. When the Stan's arrived I installed it simply enough. To my suprise and disappointment this stuff just pissed out the tiny hole in my tire. Oh, it eventually stopped as the pressure decreased and the hole turned to the bottom of the wheel. But spin the wheel, or try to ride and it was just impossible. It never stopped leaking. I too was amazed at the demonstrations that appeared on the web. But I have to admit, I think it is BS! Really disappointing. The couple of rides that I had tubeless were great. But if it means buying a new tire every time i get a puncture, forget it! Looks like I am sticking w tubes...

[Oct 14, 2012]
David Fewkes

OVERALL
Strength:

Works like it says it does.

None that I can find.

We have 4 bikes in the family with 700X35 tires on them. I put 1 oz of Stans Notubes Tire Sealant in each of the 8 innertubes and have not had to patch a tube since. Twice we had a tire go half flat and twice found one all the way flat. I all cases we just pumped it up and down ther road we went. I cant tell you how many goat heads we have pulled and NO flat tire. Between the four bikes we log 5-600 miles a month. Stans would be a bargin at ten times the price. They have a customer for life.

[Sep 21, 2012]
jrogs

OVERALL
Strength:

Prevent leaks. Seals tires well.

none so far

I have not had a flat despite the fact I have ran over lots of cactus and goat heads. So far this had done it's job. This is a good product.

[Sep 19, 2012]
Rafael

OVERALL
Strength:

Seals punctures as advertised. Allows you to run lower tire pressure; therefore, better traction. Decreases weight...by a lil' bit. A lot cheaper than constantly replacing tubes.

Others have complained about price to keep properly maintained but I live in hot and humid Florida and have not had to add any extra sealant in 8 months.

Ran my Bontrager TR Experts for 8 months without flats or leaks. Finally, I hit a branch and had a sidewall puncture. Leaned the bike on its side for a few rotations, reinflated...and that was it!

[Jul 11, 2012]
jeff ploof

OVERALL
Strength:

i have ben a bicycle mechanic 4 30 yrs i have used stans 4 10 yrs i just tried again after useing on mavic crossmax wheels with tubeless tires used on non tubeless tires that were stans compatable inside inside new freeride ridestrips with mavic d531s nothing i could do 2 them work held air 4 30 min good luck u will need it if u use tubeless rims and tires great if not u screwed tubeless great if not sucks also had friends that rode all life wont touch them great idea but needs work friend who owns shop 4 30 yrs says hit or miss he say works great with stans rims if not hit or miss

sucks with out tubeless rims and tires good idea but i have 2 go back 2 tubes on my regular clincher rims

sucks if u rims and tires arnt true tubeless love mavic crossmax tires dont matter go true tubeless stans sucks

[Jun 22, 2012]
Steven

OVERALL
Strength:

no more pinch flats (used to get a flat on almost every ride), I would also say the wheel and tire combination is lighter now but it's negligible, sealed holes I had in the tire that I didn't know I had.

have to deal with burbing now, only happened once, sounded like broken glass (imagine landing your front wheel on a glass beer bottle) but no real weaknesses that I can think of.

I have been riding tubeless for approximately half a dozen rides now. I did not purchase the kit as they did not make one for my bike. I used the rip strip without the rim tape and some sealant and they sealed right up, I did not used new tires, the tires were in fact quite used but I did make sure to clean them well. if you go the tubeless route like I did do yourself a favor and go online to the notubes website and watch the install videos before you start complaining that you cant seal your tires and wheels, if you follow the instructions exactly or even close you will be able to seal your tires.

[Jun 15, 2012]
DezRat

OVERALL
Strength:

My garage floor is now clean because I had to scrub off all the spilled Stan's goo that slopped everywhere in the process.

From what I can tell, the Stan's Tubeless "system" is kind of a crap shoot. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. In my case I used the Stan's rim strips and tubeless goo in a set of Nevegals mounted on DT E540 rims. Followed the instructions provided, watched the video(s), did everything correctly (over and over and over - - ) and I just couldn't stop the leaks between the rim and bead. The pinholes in the tire sidewalls stopped quickly, but no amount of time and effort could stop the slow leaks between the tire bead / rim. Consistently lost about 5psi per hour. With ever increasing amounts of loud profanities coming out of my garage, I finally gave up and put in tubes. You should also be aware that this stuff is a sticky, sloppy mess when removing a tire that has been No-Tubed.

Like I said above, it's a crap shoot if this works (or not) with your particular tire/rim combination. Their web site has some recommendations on tire and rims that work/don't work, but they can't list them all. If you want to try this stuff, take a deep breath, lay down your money, and hope for the best. Lots of people swear by this stuff, but it makes lots of people just swear.

[May 26, 2012]
richard allen

OVERALL
Strength:

weight savings
better handling

a bit pricey

Pulled out my old Lite Speed Pisgah that's been collecting some dust as I've given more time to road biking. I wasn't sure where to start the upgrade, there are so many to do. I've heard good things about going tube less so I started there. I had older rims from performance and was concerned it might not take. WOW ... what a difference! Maybe because its been 8 years on not riding but this is great. I did both tires with the kit. Without the tube the tire does have a different shape and the pressure can be lower. No flats , no leaks, better handling. Just do it.

[Feb 27, 2012]
ParengBalot
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy, Reliable, Magical Powers, No More Flats

Messy

Used Slim before & never again will I use anything else but Stan's NoTube Sealant. It only took me 15 minutes to convert a non-tubeless DT rims and Kenda Nevegal UST tires to tubeless. The tire sealed easily using an air compressor but floor pumps seem to work sometimes. I didn't have to use soapy water on the beads for the initial seal as well.

Stan's No Tube sealant is less weight and is better at sealing than the thicker slimes, however, you won't feel it slopping around while riding. The sealant do dry up over 6 months, especially in hot weather, butusing the injection kit makes it easy to add an ounce or 2 when needed. The biggest deal here though is that you can kiss goodbye to snakebite flats and thorn punctures, it will seal before you even know about them, even on larger slash flats.

It is messy when you need to use an emergency tube while on the trail when you do get a larger slash and cuts beyond sealing. One thing I love about tubeless is the hollow sound of your tires as you pump your pedals up the hill.

Buy it! Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Works For: Tubeless Tires, Tubeless Rims, Regular Rims

Slime

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.