SKS X-Tra-Dry Fender Extras

Best Price At

Sure you can strap on a set of heavy, full-wrap fenders to your favorite machineas long as it rains all the time or you don't mind lugging them around on bluebird afternoons. The SKS X-Tra-Dry Rear Fender is the minimalists solution to staying dry without the bulk. The X-Tra-Dry Fender attaches securely and easily to any seatpost, whether you are rolling a mountain bike, cruiser or carbon machine, you'll still arrive home for dinner with a dry butt.

[Feb 18, 2010]
jeffreykip

OVERALL
Strength:

Works- keeps water/mud in check, easy to put on, weighs nothing, adjustable, fairly cool looking for a mudguard.

None.

I love to play in the rain and puddles and this keeps me dry enough to keep going. Yes, I still get wet and dirty but this keeps it at a level that lets me still enjoy and ride on. I also use my bike to commute, even in rain, and this helps me show up a little more presentable at work. I have the front one (Shockboard) which is even more "important" as it keeps crud out of my face and crotch. Overall, a great extra gadget that will let you ride in those conditions that your mom tried to keep you out of as a kid. P.S. Yes, it's big enough for Cannondale tubes- not all are.

Other, no-name mud guards.

[Jun 06, 2003]
Ryan Roach

OVERALL
Strength:

No tool instalation, Tough plastic no holes yet (Like some others out there) Keeps you dry when it's muddy, and it really does the job

None yet stays in place when clamped, Make sure the tension on the screw that adjustes the angle is tight or it will hit your rear wheel.

This fender works great I only use it though when it's muddy or wet and the tooless design works awesome for that. No zip ties or brackets just clamp it and go, remove it when it's not needed thats a great product. PEACE!!

None worth noting (holes and cracking)

[May 29, 2003]
Tim

OVERALL
Strength:

Light, super quick to install, stays put, looks cool

I use this on all of my bikes, it is super easy to put on/take off. Stays put when my bike is on the roof rack. I used it all winter, no problems. Has never come off while riding, even on super rough descents.

[Jun 24, 2007]
Greg

OVERALL
Strength:

Easily goes on and off the seatpost, and stays on once attached. Blocks most 'stuff' thrown up by your rear tire.

If you think you've tightened the bolt holding it at an angled position, you're probably wrong. I thought I had the bolt tight, but after a few minutes of riding, the guard flopped onto my rear tire and ground up some spots.

A pretty good mudguard, just make SURE that you've tightened the bolt all the way before riding.

[Jun 13, 2006]
Psycho Mike

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to mount and adjust, fairly wide and fairly robust.

Can take a while to get all set up

Keeps the dang black stripe off in the wet stuff. Simple, easy to use design that, once set up, gives plenty of trouble free service. Make sure everything is well tightened and adjusted if you ride in the chop...or else it can move a fair bit on you.

misc other rear fenders

[Dec 26, 2005]
Roger Warner

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to attach to the seatpost

Easy to come loose from seatpost

Good idea, but check you mount point and flap adjustment tension before you ride. Mine slipped mid ride and melted touching my rear tire. Caveat Emptor.

For weekend warriors like myself this is a decent product. If however you are a lazy weekend warrior like a was, this part might not be the fit for you.

My gut reaction is that this would not be a heavy duty enough product for extreme conditions or riders.

zip

[Mar 26, 2003]
Tony

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple, effective.

May cause clearance problems when you lowwer the seat.

The lock on system seems to hold adjustment really well, But for how long is yet to be seen. Works well in keeping wet mud off my back and bike seat. Not a bad buy for the $$.

[Feb 07, 2004]
Jonathan Wee

Strength:

- Light (relatively, weight-weenies need not apply)
- Cheap
- "Unbreakable"
- bloody easy to install

- cost more than the front fender (SKS Shockboard, by just a touch, A$10)
- carbon-look version looks hell sh*t, like almost every other componant made to look like carbon fibre and is not carbon fibre. (get the black plastic one)

- affordable
- greatly reduces wet and muddy patch [It WORKS people]
- no-brainer easy to install

- mud and water on saddle, arse and crouch

[Oct 17, 2003]
Vesa Kautto

OVERALL
Strength:

Price, reliability, easy on and off. I have used it on my MTBs and once also on my road bike. No real assembly problems nor any problems during the use. Stops most of mud from rear wheel

It doesn't stop all the mud and dirt in very extreme conditions but I probably wouldn't want to such a system anyway (it would be too heavy). And some mud on a mountain biker looks just right :)

It is such a great product at a very reasonable price that I'm going to get another one. I can definetely recommend this model to everyone. However, SKS makes (made?) another model that looks pretty similar to this one but that one is really quite weak. I was able to break it after just a 20 meter ride because the settings were somewhat incorrect for my full suspension bike... :(

Zefal, some other

[Dec 05, 2002]
crg

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong,Looks Kool,Works.

Make sure it fits your bike.

Best yet...

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.