Skinz Bike Protector Extras

Keep grit, grime, and road spray off your bike while youreTraveling. Adds a critical layer of protectionTo your bike, extending headset bearing life and slowing corrosion from water and road salt.

[Oct 26, 2014]
skiahh

OVERALL
Strength:

Standard coverage, easy to install, multiple straps to tighten and keep from moving with road wind.

Not durable. Tears easily. Company doesn't care.

I've had several Skinz brand bike protectors. The first and second batch I bought were because there wasn't a ready alternative and, moving with the military, I had to have my bikes on the roof for extended periods, multiple times. Finally found the Colorado Cyclist brand which, for half the price, puts these to shame. I met someone recently who said Skinz had improved their designs and would be mortified to learn I'd had issues in the past, so I decided to buy another set for a recent move. They seemed stronger and like they wouldn't tear at the first hint of some speed. I was wrong. 2 hours into a 3 day cross country move, the brake handle had poked through the fabric.

When I called Skinz, they started off by blaming me, saying I must not have had them on right. When I send them a picture showing the bike, with the brake lever poking through, they said call the retailer for service. The retailer now 1500 miles behind me.

Poor product from a poor company.

Find an alternative; at least if it doesn't last, you won't lose as much money when it tears.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.