Delta Insight Mirror Extras

Attach this uniquely shaped mirror to your bike frame to clearly view both sides of the road. Attaches to your top tube, so it stays out of the way from snagging on branches or other riders. Easily attaches over top tube and is secured with an O-ring, providing a steady fit without jiggling.

[Sep 05, 2014]
Bikey Bob

OVERALL
Strength:

I have had one of these mirrors on my top tube since the late '90s and I love it. It does take a few moments to adjust but the view you get looking under your seat is unbeatable. You can see the entire road behind you by merely glancing down. The view is not dependent on the position of your handlebars or your head like other mirrors.

The O-ring that is supplied as a connecting band soon breaks though any wide rubber band acts as a perfect replacement. The rubber band will break soon enough so you replace it with another...I have be through a dozen or more over the years.

Works great and lasts for years. Great view regardless of position of handlebars or head. Especially good on a road bike even with a tool bag under the seat.

[May 28, 2009]
John

OVERALL
Strength:

It allows me to see vehicles coming up from behind, well before they will be close enough to cause any alarm. It's light, and easily adjusted while riding. It has saved my life.

Can only see behind you when your leg is up. Under the seat or seat post bags cause obstructions.

Get it for your bike......

Third Eye, and helmet mounted mirror

[Feb 10, 2004]
Ron

OVERALL
Strength:

Out of the way -- no interference with normal bike operation.

1. Poor or defective mirror surface with lots of distortion.
2. Unsuitable for bikes with low top tube and high upright riding position -- can't see enough without bending over to get closer to mirror.
3. Very poor mounting mechanism
a. Remounting is slow, difficult and can hurt the fingers.
b. Mirror positioning is inconsistent and takes time to readjust every time it's put back on the bike.
c. It's easy to lose the elastic band.

The concept for the Insight Mirror is innovative, interesting and promising, but the design, execution and production is awful.
I returned it.
For road bike riders, if you can find one without distortion, it might be useful, but I'd still wait for Delta Cycle to solve the problems with a new model.

[Aug 09, 2002]
Tom

OVERALL
Strength:

Rugged, economical, stays adjusted, and I can see it right under my nose!

Bit of a blind spot as the car is passing, but you concentrate on keeping your left arm semi-rigid and just glance at the car (and smile). Fine for group rides.

Believe it or not, your binocular vision allows you to see around the seatpost (on either side with both eyes as you focus to infinity).

I cannot see through a bar-end mirror with my hands in the drops! I only gave it a 3/Good, but I grade on a tough scale. Could have been 4. Mine got scratched or fogged, so I need a new one.

Bar-end Zefal and Rhodes. Bit of a helmet mirror.

[Jun 05, 2002]
Javier

OVERALL
Strength:

Fits on the frame not on the handle bar.
Easy to attach and remove (no tools needed).

The rear vision area is narrow.
If your frame is short (as mine is) you will touch the mirror (and destroy the setting) with your knees very easily when stopped or when pedaling out of the saddle (mostly climbing).
If you set the mirror with your hands on the top of the handlebar, you will see nothing (useful) when your hands are on the drops (and vice versa).

I got used to have and use rear mirrors with my recumbent and commute bikes (absolutely necessary on them), so I began to feel uncomfortable not having one on my road bike.

Not wanting to use a normal handlebar mirror and "spoil" my race looking bike, I started using the Delta Insight mirror.
It gives you a limited view of what is behind you.
Not very good, but you are aware of any car or other fellow cyclist just behind you.
I'm rather slim and my bike frame has a steep sloping (Giant TCR) with carbon "areo blade" stem. I don't know how this mirror will work with a normal (no-sloping) bike, normal circular stem and with a cyclist with fatter thighs.

If you don't mind having a handlebar mirror, use one of these (the Cycle Star is superb) and forget about the Insight.
If you consider a sin to have a road bike with a handlebar mirror, the Delta Insight will just do the job.

Busch&Muller "Cycle Star", Zefal "Cyclop"

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.