Bob Nutz Extras

BOB NUTZ UseThese whenyour bike doesn’t have quick-release hubs. A set of BOB Nutz lets you attach any YAK or IBEXTrailerTo solid-axle wheels and internally-geared hubs. In just a few minutes, you can be attaching your BOBTrailerTo your bike.

[Jul 01, 2009]
TwoWheelinTim

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid, well designed. Does the job it's supposedto do.

Newer design only has two wrench flats instead of six leaving fewer choices of wrench position when removing the wheel. First set I received had a major manufacturing defect. They were replaced with a good set at no additional charge.

You really don't have a choice, B.O.B is the sole manufacturer of this design and have proprietary rights. That said, I like this set up better than the quick release. The skewer in the quick release set up was prone to bending easily, and I had difficulty getting it close tight enough to keep from working its way loose, particularly when I had a heavier load. Replacing the hollow axle with a solid one and reefing a set of nuts on the end of the new axle has cured my loose wheel blues. I went with Bikeman because they were the only shop I could find who carried both the axle and the Nutz. They were helpful and with the exception of a shipping snafu, it was pleasant transaction.