Bell Glueless Patches Extras

Bell Glueless Patches

[Apr 28, 2013]
Ed

OVERALL
Strength:

I only wasted $4.00....

Product is terrible. Don't even think about trying it. I laughed when I discovered my neighbor wasted $4.00 and got the same results.

[Jul 18, 2010]
jaymmzzs

they do not work,

do not waste your time, was on a 4 day ride on the kvr, got flat , but on patch and within an hour was flat, changed tube and applyed 2nd patch to first flat tube, left it overnight as we camped, day two got another flat so changed to tube with over night patch , again within hour totally flat, so was on kvr with two spares with these crappy patches, really slowed down the trip

bring back the old school patches

[Sep 29, 2008]
veggielover

OVERALL

Works if you spend a few minutes sanding down the tube with the provided metal sander. The tube can not be shiny or have any parting line in it. The parting line must be sanded down.

At first I didnt do the sanding and the patch only lasted a few hours. After sanding it down, the patch has been leak free for a week!

[Jul 29, 2007]
Charlie Roscoe

OVERALL
Strength:

They work. They come in a little box with 2 plastic levers and a scuffer (???).

You won't get any trail cred for using these.

All of my tubes have 2 of these patches each (yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm cheap. What can I say?). I pump my tires to 75 psi for road riding and 35-40 psi on the trails. I usually only lose 5 psi per 24 hours, but I check my pressure every time before a ride so it's not that big of a deal. Perhaps they're making these with a little more quality lately.

[Apr 21, 2008]
Michael Lismon

OVERALL
Strength:

I like the tire levers...

The weaknesses are that they don't hold...I tried to put three patches on a 3/8 of inch hole and it still didn't work.The outer portion of the patches seems not to adhere to the tube...I think there should be a stronger type of adhesive or whatever it takes, in order for them to be effective...

I've tried some of your other products and had no problems,but the patches needs some improving...

N/A

[Dec 05, 2003]
Dwight Moody

Strength:

They simply don't work. They'll stick to an uninflated tube, and blow off as soon as you add some pressure.

I bought the kit that came with tire levers, and the levers also didn't work. They bent. Sad.

Buy something else. Anything else

Park. They better, but still not as good as the old fashioned glue-full patches I've used.

[Dec 31, 2001]
Buck
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

***NONE*** OK, the 3 plastic tire levers included in the kit are tolerable, nested together, and lightweight.

Totally worthless! Not suitable for use on rubber tubes. Might work on a vinyl blowup toy for a short time if it isn't touched or used. Should be removed from the bike section and relabled for plastic toys or removed from the market completely.

Don't even THINK about using this on a bike tire! Deserves a rating of less than ZERO. To determine the "quality" of this product. check out the "scuffing pad" on the outside of the box. The callous on my big toe is rougher than that!

[Oct 03, 2000]
Matt Grothoff

OVERALL
Strength:

uh, someone has a job making them. that is good for unemployment rates. oh yeah, and i got some tire levers out of it.

everything. first of all, every single one of these that i used failed. not one was able to hold air in the tire long enough for me to pump the tire up to proper pressure. the glue might as well be used on post-it notes. 3 dollars is too much to pay for something that doesn't do what is sez it does.

a buddy of mine were out riding on this wierd trail near some train tracks out in BFE. boom! there goes my tire. fortunatly, i had a spare tube. not 10 minutes after we got going agian, boom! mu buddy gets a flat. unfortunatly, all i had left were these choad-smoking "patches" that resemble scotch tape, and work as well. needless to say, three in a row didn't hold. i am pissed off that we had to walk our bikes back to his house, 8 MILES AWAY. damn you Bell! damn you to hell! i wish i could give negative flamin' chillis! i would however, give a million flamin' turds. by this product if you are a hardcore choad-smoker and like to give people the impression taht you aren't retarded but really are for buying those patches!!

park glueless patches (haven't had to use them, as of writing this)

[Jun 11, 2000]
Charlie

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple to use, fast.

Used one time, edge didn't stick and tire was flat in the morning.

If your in a pinch on a trail should be fine

[Nov 18, 1999]
Dave
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

glueless
comes with three tire levers

glue comes off around the edge

Good enough to get by on, better'n walking. Looked like the glue came off just around the edge of the patch. But they come with three angled tire levers. Not bad for just 3 bucks. They're clear, too, so if your eyes are getting bad (like mine), they're a bit hard to see.

Slime Skabs

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.