VDO C1 DS Computer

• Auto Start/Stop

[Jun 26, 2012]
paul

OVERALL
Strength:

Nice computer while it works

Lasted 4months and about 1300 miles than it rained a little and the transmitter quit working. tried to contact vdo for some help and guess what no response.

Good computer if you live in arizona or something . Save a few more bucks and get something else . Customer service sucks.

[Dec 30, 2008]
Anonymous

OVERALL
Strength:

Very clear and concise to read and operate highly accurate.Very easy to use once you read the manual. 5 year warranty.

Sure they could give you a better mount for the handle bars instead of zip ties, but it seems all computers are going to zip ties. Must mount to left size of bike only (in instructions)

After reading a few reviews about cateye products, I was starting to become a little unsure about buying the right computer the first time. Price really did not matter, what matters was form and function, and I wasn't completely sold on the CATEYE computers.

Since VDO makes gauges for high end sports cars/boats etc. I figured they probably can get a bike speed sensor right, and they did.

The things I like the best are the very clear readouts of the functions.
The ability to reprogram the life time odometer at any time, (if you accidently reset it or if the battery goes dead)
Sure it took a little ingenuity to install the wheel speed sensor, since my fork isn't exactly 6mm next to the spokes, but I was able to mount the sensor inward towards the the spokes, and then use electrical tape over the zip ties to prevent any future movement. This speed sensor is digital, and wireless and accurate. I'm not sure if any speed sensors have more that .5 mph increments, so that really was not a concern. It also does not have a light, but I don't plan on riding in the dark.

Take the plunge try something different!

[Jul 11, 2008]
Davezila

OVERALL
Strength:

easy to read, color matches my bike, vdo reputation

speed display readout only show in increments of .5 mph

Well it is an overal good performer. Easy to read and reliable. HOWEVER, this is the first computer I ever bought that had the VERY LAME speed display that only reads in half-mile increments. That "feature" bugs the crap out of me whenever I ride and look down. I guess this is just another thing I need to look out for when I buy a new one.

I miss my old Speedzone with the backlight.

Too many to count

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.