Trek Sensor Computer

Trek Sensor

[May 23, 2016]
fresh new rider

OVERALL
Strength:

unsure

unsure

I'm looking for instructions on the trek sensor pictured above. I received mine off my sisters bike after she passed away
in 2001.She was an avid bicycler and speed walker and I would like to continue using the computer in honor of her. I have no idea on how to operate this computer. Any ideas would GREATLY be appreciated, thank- you.

im

[Mar 27, 2014]
JDYeakel

OVERALL
Strength:

Rating is for my old 1992 Sensor

Rating is for my old 1992 Sensor

I am actually looking for a manual for the original Trek Sensor with a one line display, circa 1992. Anyone have an idea where I can go to download a copy? I have not used the Sensor for about twelve years. Checked it today and it turned on! I would like to relearn how to use it.

[Jul 09, 2012]
Steven Stross

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple to use and CHEAP!!!

Don't know what left button does

Found the battery for it. Named LR44

[Jul 03, 2011]
Angel

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple

Need to replace battery and have no idea as to replacement number

Can I get someone to tell me battery replacement number for Trek Sensor Computer?

[Sep 22, 2009]
theo999

OVERALL
Strength:

i have three of the original trek sensor bike computers made in 1992. these are the ones with a single large line of data on the display. ancient ! however, it is very easy to read in all conditions. they are as accurate as my modern cateye and appear to resist rain. (the box claims they're waterproof) the function buttons don't accidentally activate.

well, the warranty expired 15 years ago... bummer. and , they don't made them anymore. in fact, trek seems to have forgotten they made them at all as modern tech support was totally clueless. good thing i still have the impossible to find manuals :-)

get these 'puters if you're lucky enough to find them. someday, your less-than-perfect eyes will appreciate the gorgeous displays. i am happy to share electronic copies of the manual if anyone wants one. here are some excerpts:

for inputting wheel size codes for accurate speed readouts, do this: input factor by pushing the right key until ODO appears on the readout. Press the left key for two seconds. left key will now select digit to input and the right key will advance to the desired digit. press left key when input is complete.

wheel size factor inputs : 20" = 1596. 22" = 1759. 24" = 1916. 26" = 2073.

"with tire" wheel size inputs: 700x25c = 2124. 27"x1" = 2136. 27"x1 1/4" = 2155. 700x38 = 2170.

ride on !

none, really. except my strada cateye.

[Apr 06, 2009]
ts8169

OVERALL
Strength:

Tells the time well

Worked for about 20 miles, Difficult to navigate menu's

I recieved this product, or comperable Trek computer product (Incite 6i - 2005), as a gift. So I ditched the old computer for this model with more rugged looking hardware. Given my first computer lasted 8 years and thousands of trail miles, I thought this would be my last computer with it's brand name and heavy duty wiring. Turned out to be junk. Got it up to about 20 miles on the road, then it gave out. Even with a fresh battery and 1-hour of adjucting the magnet and sensor, it will not connect. I believe there's a flaw in the wiring, but it tells the time great. This is the first and LAST Trek product I will ever own. What a waste.

[Aug 19, 2008]
trebor1

OVERALL
Strength:

works well - I need a manual. I lost mine

none - I still need a manual - where can I find one?

I need a manual for this thing.

[Mar 07, 2002]
Mark

OVERALL
Strength:

Accuracy, Durability

forget how to set and frequently went from knobbies to slicks and speed/dist was probably a little off with slicks.

Holy smokes!! I don't know about the recent model Sensors, but I bought mine back in 96, rode three times a week for three years, rode here and there the last few years. I recently switched to Rock Shox and remounted, Bracket barely fit around fork. You won't believe it, but this thing still has the same battery and has never strayed more than a minute or so except for daylight savings.

[Jan 13, 2004]
Paul Mehltretter

OVERALL
Strength:

Simple, rugged, waterproof design. Still works flawlessly even after 6 years of use.

wire and sensor are not very rugged; best kept on roads and light trails. Had to replace the reed switch on one of my two Sensor computers; good as new after that, although I should have replace the wire too right away. The only other problem was that the battery contact springs have worn, requiring a shim between the battery and battery cover to ensure constant battery contact (lots of vibration caused the thing to reset). Overall, it held up slightly better on the road bike than the xc bike.

Obviously this computer's wire is not rugged for off-road use. It remains trouble free electrically speaking; only mechanically has the sensor failed. I think some of the new lcd's are easier to read in low light conditions, but this does what it's supposed to. I give it 4 Chilis overall only because it still works 6+ years of use.

Sensor 2.0 (bigger display, way worse magnet mount)
Gary Fisher Axiom (exact same as original Sensor)

[Apr 04, 1999]
Craig
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL

Total bullshit. The only nice thing I have to say about this product is that the computer unit itself looks quite nice (probably why I bought it). However, the rubber pads on the sensor came off after 100 miles of riding, and it always gave inconsistent readings (speed, riding time, etc.)After mountain biking for 9 years, this is the first computer I have had trouble with. Save yourself some bother and buy a reliable brand of computer.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.