Trek ACH Digital Wireless Computer

• 23 functions, including max and avg cadence
  • 2.4 GHz digital wireless data transmission eliminates cross-talk
  • Optional Integrated Speed Sensor designed
  • Programmable heart rate zones and max heart rate

[Aug 07, 2010]
RebelRider

OVERALL
Strength:

Lots of features

Loses signal ALL THE TIME!

This thing is crap!

I purchased a new non-digital version last year, and after having ongoing problems with it losing signal, I contacted Trek. They didn't want to deal with me, just with a bike shop, so I had to go through a LBS to get a replacement. Trek FINALLY agreed to replace it (saying some of these have had problems), and they would send the digital version.
Well, the digital model is as bad as the first one.
It's very important that I keep an eye on my pulse, that's why I bought a computer with a heart rate monitor (HRM). I've used the new one on less than 20 rides, and it loses signal with the HRM frequently. Two days ago I installed new batteries in the HRM and computer; Yesterday I went for my first ride on my new mtb, and I had to re-pair the HRM about 8 times throughout the day. This was up in the mountains, miles from any source of interference. This is the same thing I experienced with the non-digital model.

Also needed to be re-paired with the speed sensor 2 or 3 times. I haven't used the cadence sensor, but would expect the same issue with it.

DON'T BUY IT IF YOU DEPEND ON THE HEART RATE MONITOR! Don't buy it anyway, because it should only need to be paired once, when initially set up, not every 30 minutes!

I give 1 chili because it won't even work properly for half a day!

An old Vetta, Cateye.

[Sep 13, 2009]
SR92

OVERALL
Strength:

Good overall design. Easily removable to protect from the elements. ACH has a number of useful functions I use to diagnose my ride and results: Speed (top and average) heart rate, cadence, elapsed time, clock, temperature, altitude (with climb and descent), and grade. The system is wireless and has proven to be very accurate.

No stopwatch, which would be useful for singletrack. Buttons seem to require some degree of force to actuate them.

Good all around computer. It's hardy and has a nice variety of information available to the user. A stopwatch would be nice, but overall this is a great and lightweight way to see how you perform. Appears to eb a good value as well compared with other wireless units.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.