Specialized Speedzone Sport Wireless Computer

• Triple line readout provides clear feedback on crucial ride stats
  • Multiple mounting options for the utmost in versatility
  • Max. speed
  • Odometer

[Aug 24, 2014]
Mac

OVERALL
Strength:

Small in size and looks good on the bike.

My second ride with the new Specialized Speedzone wireless computer was 100 miles long. At 60 miles into the ride I noticed it indicated a big zero for my speed when I was actually doing at least 17 mph. I stoped to check the wheel magnet, but it was still tight on the spoke and in proper position with the transmitter. For the next 2 and a half hours the speed would jump around between 3 to 43 mph within just a few seconds. All I can say is this computer can't take the Texas heat like my old computer can. The Speedzone Sport is going back for a refund and my old computer will be back on my bike tomorrow.

Not a reliable bike computer.

[Aug 18, 2014]
Geert Jongert

Strength:

Poor mounting hardware provided. Zip ties are never fully secure. Spoke magnet is poor quality. Screw on magnet won't tighten securely without spinning..

Just replaced a Japanese made bicycle computer that was 30 years old. Only reason for replacing was I could no longer find proper battery. This Chinese made one is absolute garbage. Sixty dollars wasted! Problem is I don't know if there are better quality bike computers out there.

[Nov 17, 2013]
Anchovy

OVERALL
Strength:

Inexpensive (that is the Latin word for cheap)

Expensive for something that does not work.
Speedo only goes up to 99 mph. (a joke folks)

I am 67 years old.
I do not put undue strain on sports equipment.
This thing stopped working after about 3 weeks of actual use.
Glad they don't make pacemakers.

[Jul 08, 2013]
Gman

OVERALL
Strength:

Large display easy to use

Interference from every where! Cell phone, electrical (nothing major), trafic lights, who knows.

Had it 2 weeks and can't trust the readings. Can't believe a pro bike shop would sell this! or that specialized would make this!

[Feb 25, 2013]
John Dragstra

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to read screen.

I have the Specialized Sport Wireless odometer computer. Only had it 1.5 years and the battery died. Changed the battery and the screen is blacked out. Piece of junk.. I have a wired cateye on my backup bike and it is 16 years old and still working. .

Buy a Cateye.

[May 05, 2012]
Steve

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use. Large display...I can see my speed and the clock with ease.

The only weakness that I can see is that there is no way to turn the unit off. After I disengage the unit from the holder, I put it in my pocket so I can log my readings. I have taken it out of my pocket only to find that the route is longer than it originally was, etc. I have noticed that if the unit is near a cell phone or a wireless laptop, it gets the signals and registers them. I thought that when the unit was pulled out of the holder, it stopped registering.

I don't know what people are talking about with their units popping out of the holder. Mine snaps in and stays in until I press the tab and slide it out of the holder. I'm also not sure about the auto-on. Mine is in sleep mode when I snap it into the holder...the bike starts to roll, and it wakes up. Did I somehow get an upgraded unit??

[Mar 20, 2012]
MacBikePro
All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use, simple mounting, button feedback, seems accurate, well-built.

Actual button response, no auto-on, mounting design

"Get what you pay for" is applicable here. After owning one since 2009, I just dropped it on pavement for about the 5th time and it finally cracked the screen. I actually really liked this once I tightened up the mount.

Original mounting was a little loose and I, too, lost it off the bars once, but that was enough for me. Simply putting a few layers of black electrical tape on the mount made it tight enough to stay but not too tight that I couldn't get it back off. Anyone want to send me theirs?

Yes, the buttons don't actually respond sometimes, but you pay $15 less than a CatEye (which is more complicated to use, IMO). I never accidentally reset the Speedzone trying to get it off the bike like I have the CatEye. OTOH, the Speedzone will reset if you put it in a bag and both buttons are depressed for more than 3 seconds. No bike computer seems perfect.

CatEye Micro Wireless

[Jul 27, 2011]
bobv

batteries won't work beyond 2 weeks

will take the cateye from my old bike and install on my specialized bike. the cateye is 4 yrs old and is flawlwss

[Oct 13, 2010]
Jan Ruta

OVERALL
Strength:

easily to install and use

computer doesn't lock into the holder

I had this computer for 3 weeks and then it fell off my bike and I lost it. Terrible design. I was hoping to just get a replacement computer but they aren't sold separately. I can't believe Specialized would sell a product of this nature. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone! There a many bicycle computers out there, DON'T BUY THIS ONE!!!!

sigma computers

[Jul 05, 2010]
Helmert van Scherpenzeel

OVERALL
Strength:

Dit is tot nu het slechtste en meest onbetrouwbare fiets computer die ik heb gehad. geeft niet de juiste snelheid en na 200 km springt hij spontaan weer op nul, waardeloos. Ben je een fits fanaat en maak je veel kilometers in je vakantie dan wil je bij kunnen houden hoeveel je bijvoorbeeld in je vakantie fietst, nu dat is met deze fiets computer niet mogelijk

gaat na 200 km weer op nul, telt dus niet door

Voor lange afstand fietser zou ik deze computer zeker niet aanraden.

sigma

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.