Sigma Sport BC1600 Computer

The BC1600 is the top of the line cyclecomputer from Sigma Sport.

[Jul 19, 2007]
Mark Schibi
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

Super Dee Duper Product

n/a

Buy this and you will be happy. It made me happy to test the waters

none, this was my first time..... just testing the waters

[Jan 24, 2004]
Paul Janssen

OVERALL
Strength:

Very easy to use, great construction very flexible, build 2 last, simple but stylish design, all the functions you need. Matrix display

could be a bit more precise, it goes in steps of 0,5 km/h

Top product from Germany, very well built and easy to use and setup. Flexible dot-matrix display is very flexible and clear. A huge difference with for instance a pricier Cateye Mity 8, Sigma has better construction and is much easier to use.

Cateye Mity 8, Sigma bc700, Sigma bc800 wireless

[Apr 15, 2005]
Bike Lover

OVERALL
Strength:

This product is very easy to use, read and very durable. I accidently wash my bike jersey with my Sigma still inside the back pocket, when I pulled my jersey off the washing machine my sigma was OK. I was very surprise that the water did not even get inside my sigma, amazing product. Also the condence kit is very reasonable so I have one computer for my MTB and Road Bike.

The bottom line is this product is very very durable, a lot of features, very reasonable price, compare to other product. Highly recommended.

[Apr 21, 2005]
Joel

OVERALL
Strength:

Packed with features for the price. Seems to be waterproof as well! Cadence kit works great, wireless system works great. Large readout, current speed always displayed. Most computers with these features cost tons more. Absolute best buy for the price. Saves two seperate tire sizes along with a seperate odometer for each, along with a total odometer.

Buttons almost too easy to press, don't have to press them in all the way to switch modes... results in flipping by the mode you were searching for from time to time. Mounting system uses o-rings which work alright. No cadence for wireless system. Wireless does not activate when you start rolling. Rubberized coating on buttons comes off quickly.

I use the wired mount with cadence on my road bike and the wireless mount on my mountain bike. I have had no problems with either one. The fact that the wireless mount doesn't start when you start rolling is a pain, but that seems to be a common gripe for many wireless systems. Today I hosed my extremely muddy bike down and purposely left the computer in place out of morbid curiosity. Many computers in this price range drop dead when it even looks like its going to rain. This computer was basically submerged and took it like a champ. I do have a few minor gripes with the computer which I listed in the "weaknesses", but for the money you can't beat this thing. I would definitely recommend it.

[May 23, 2004]
Crazy Eye

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use, durable, large screen - large numbers

Drab color

Sigma makes a great product - functional, easy to use and high quality.

Only used Sigma products - last computer - BC600 lasted six years and three bikes.

[Mar 04, 2008]
MICHAEL

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to install
Accurate
Easy to read

Set-up wasn't bad. I had to play around with it and read the instructions carefully. Still didn't take to long.

What else could you ask for $26. As long as you don't mind the wire running down your fork. I've taken it on two long, rough rides and it seems like it can take a beating.
This product would be useful to any cyclist as long as you don't need calories burned, which I could care less.

[Jul 12, 2004]
Vicky

OVERALL
Strength:

The computer is easy to use, and the sensors don't get out of alignment.

The cadence kit is not as reliable as the rest of the computer. The wires kept coming off and finally broke.

Great if you don't want/need cadence, but the cadence kit is unreliable and not durable.

Avocet, Vetta

[Dec 05, 2005]
dave

Strength:

not durable broke two units both under a year of use

I carefully routed the wires on both computers to both my bikes so as not to stretch them out on full extension of forks,they both stopped working under a years time,no signal from transmitter,I give up on computers on mountain bikes,who needs them

[Oct 27, 2005]
Albert Osorio

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks sleak and not hard to mount. Very exact when not dropping out due to water.

Durabilty and sometimes when I got caught out in the wet for over 45 minutes the magnet started losing contact.

I have had good expirience with other sigma products but this is the second time a computer died after tops two seasons. I just twisted my computer off and it cracked! It is cool to have a twist off connection, but if you take it on and off a lot, I don't think it holds up as well over the long haul. Hate to hammer Sigma, but now I've got a Vetta so let'e over the next year or so how we do.

Older Sigma model

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.