Sigma Sport BC 400 Computer

sigma BC 400

[Oct 01, 2013]
Jon

OVERALL
Strength:

Functions are simple and easy to figure out

Installation is a headache. The cord is very long and the wheel magnet has to pass within 5mm of the receiver. It does not work on my bike because it the gap is too large.

Seems nice and simple, but installation is the major issue. Look into other computers instead of this one

[Nov 26, 2001]
A

OVERALL
Strength:

*always on
*clear display
*the basic functions you need
*easy to install
*reliable

*instructions (not really a product weakness per se, but the instructions could be clearer)

Great entry level computer. I don't miss the avg and max speed functions of higher end computers.

Cateye Mity 2 (a long time ago)

[Jan 29, 2002]
Frank

OVERALL
Strength:

Ease of use. Split screen.Alternating info;Trip, Distance and Time on lower screen, Large speedo readout on upper screen. No buttons to search for.

as said before instructions are weak.

good computer, does what its supposed to do. I like the alternating readouts.

[Jan 17, 2002]
Dave

OVERALL
Strength:

easy to use, its got a button, simple

no max speed or average speed

I have the bc 401, which is the 400 with a button. its real simple to use and i dont have to be looking down for an hour to try and find stuff on it and smackin a tree. could be cheaper, but oh frickin well

other sigmas

[Jul 31, 2001]
Ted

OVERALL

I have had a good experience with the BC 400. However, I have lost my instructions and need to re-set my computer. Can someone e-mail instructions to me? Thanks

[Sep 20, 2000]
Jason
Downhiller

OVERALL
Strength:

I love the alt. time and speed. I love not having to press any buttons. I like that it has a total trip that stays on so you can see how many miles you put on the bike.

NONE

A very usfull first computer and very easy to set up!!!

watch for time and guessing when you hit the ground for the speed j/k

[Apr 12, 2001]
Jerry G.

OVERALL
Strength:

Price (15 bucks)
automatic (nothing to push)
the 4 functions
easy install
Big speed numbers

Love this automatic thing that dislays a big speed readout,trip distance,odometer & clock with nothing to push.

cat eye & velo

[Aug 13, 2000]
Russ Fay

OVERALL
Strength:

Excellent first computer - basic, uncomplicated, does what it says it will do. Love the readout, especially the alternating time/distance display. Unlike some other reviewers, I found it easy to setup. I only got another because I lost it after I took it off my bike, when I took the bike in for a tuneup. Like one of the other reviewers, I too like not having to press buttons on the go, to get information.

Like I said, it does what it says it will do. If you want more features, you should buy it in the first place. After I lost it, however, I decided I wanted more features.

I liked this computer before I lost it. The Mity 3 that I replaced it with has more features, but is the most confusing piece of garbage I could imagine, I can't even tell the time while riding. If all you want to know is speed, distance, odometer and time - this is the computer for you. For additional information, I'd recommend one of the more feature-filled Sigmas, like the 600 - it's probably what I'll get next!

Cateye Mity 3

[Aug 06, 2000]
Ed

OVERALL
Strength:

nice rubber attachments, reusable if you want to use it on another bike (versus zip ties), decent size display, good quality plastic

horrible button ergonomics, expensive, no average speed feature!

don't buy it, spend less money on something that does more like a cateye...

Cateye Enduro, Velo, and Mity 3

[Apr 10, 2000]
James

OVERALL

The shop where I bought my mountain bike was so kind to fit it for me, so I won't know about how difficult it is to decipher the instructions and fit it yourself.

However, on my way to my regular afternoon ride, fumbling with my apartment key in the one hand and my waterbottle in the other hand I accidentally dropped the computer and . . . it stopped working! As simple as that: the digital display is unreadable and it jumps around in its readings now, from e.g. 9 km (on a trip) to 2.1 km!

From one silly fall! Not exactly what I'd call shock esistant!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.