CatEye Enduro 2 Computer

The Enduro 2 gives you all that the Mity 3 has to offer in a tough off-road package. With the ability to record two separate trip distances, you can easily navigate trails. Using a map for a new trail ride has never been easier. The programmable display gives you the option of putting the information that is important to you in the main display. dual tire setting allow you to quickly switch between a road and mountain bike. The Enduro 2's bracket sensor kit includes a universal sensor band to fit suspension forks and an extra-heavy-duty sensor wire proven tough by professional mountain bikers. The Enduro 2 also offers our exclusive variable current technology.

[Jul 08, 2003]
Rich

OVERALL
Strength:

very durable! Easy to navigate/set up

mounting bracket

Awsome durability. I've gone through computers like water. This is the only one that has lasted this long. I've gone through 2 brackets where the bike has landed on the computer, but the computer is just as accurate as the day I bought it. I've given up on the brackets...electrical tape has fixed that problem.

avocet,specialized

[Jun 12, 2003]
Collin

OVERALL
Strength:

Everything, easy to use very durable

5729 miles on this computer, 85% off road miles, and it finally died. I never changed the batteries, the mount broke from me landing chest first on my bars so I have super-glued and JB welded it numerous times to keep from buying a new mount. It was submerged under water many times never missed a beat. I would give it 6 chilis if I could

[Jun 10, 2003]
Byz S

OVERALL
Strength:

price, beefier transmitter wire

computer housing easily scratched, fork-mounted transmitter still not quite wide enough for thick MTB forks

Good, basic computer. The plastic housing is easily scratched. After 1 particularly brutal XC ride (lots of small rocks, roots, etc...) I noticed the computer didn't work--turned out that the stupid transmitter that is attached to the fork moved a bit. The point of attachment where you stick the fork transmitter isn't quite big enough to give a good hold, despite using 2 supplied zip ties. I also wish the computer would have temperature readings, but what can I expect for under $20?

[Dec 09, 2001]
Sprocketeer

OVERALL
Strength:

What more do you need? It's not a spectactular product, but it works spectacularly well. The one especially notable feature is the heavy duty wire. This is a very durable contraption. Cat Eye makes good stuff, no doubt about it.

Only one: in a fall or crash, particularly going forward, the computer lauches off the bar mounting as if it was meant to do this. Also, until I broke it in (or it got significantly gritty enough) it had a tendency to rattle out of its mounting just enough that it wouldn't take readings--and that can really p### a person off when they find out they've lost about 10km of data! I wish the computer locked into the mount better.

My brother and I both use the Enduro II, which we chose based on the fact that it has all the basic functions, it's easy to use, features a heavy duty wire (besides that it's not a crappy wireless system), and price.

I would be less satisfied with a more expensive, feature filled cyclocomputer, though I do wish I could get the exact same thing with backlighting and would pay more for it.

Guestimation

[Jul 31, 2007]
Bob The Bob

OVERALL
Strength:

Durable, easy to navigate features, easy installation, convenient to use with one hand whilst riding (though you should really be looking where you're going). Waterproof, shockproof. VERY shockproof.

Cable tie on the sensor is slightly messy. Securing clip on the handlebar bracket is useless, unit will fall off if you bump it.

It has been very durable, reliable and served me well. Like I mentioned earlier, the locking-bracket is very poor so it occasionally gets knocked off. It has flown off, bounced on some rocks and then gone under my wheels before... (ouch!) but came out unscathed apart from some minor scratches.

It's a great computer, I couldn't want more from it apart from cadence measurement or heartrate monitor (which I probably won't use anyway). A wireless system would be the only reason for an upgrade.

Would have gotten 5 flamin' chillis of not for the poor locking bracket design.

CateEye Mity 2 on my previous bike

[Mar 25, 2002]
bob

OVERALL
Strength:

srong cord and computer, all the fuctions you need, very accurate

no backlight... but if a needed one i would of bought one with it.

it is easy to setup. easy to program. I even ran over it and it still works. it is good in the rain, and snow. it is very accurate when set up right. i would recommend it to everyone.

all the other computers i used

[Feb 14, 2006]
Kris

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to read. Accurate. Plenty of features. Heavy gauge wire to sending unit. Buttons can be worked with gloves on. Value.

Can be a little difficult to get setup. Took me about 30 minutes of playing around with it to figure out how everything works. After that, no problems.

Great computer! Works well, easy to read, and tough. Once you get it set up and figure out all the modes, its easy. I think my $30 was very well spent!

Cheapie digial speedo.

[Nov 29, 2001]
BineNAuckland

OVERALL
Strength:

Small, lightweight, lots of features

Feature access a bit obtuse. Poor mount for magnet on spokes didn't work well. Wire pulled out of computer after two rides.

Pretty good product. The biggest weekness is that the little thing that mounts the magnet to the spokes simply didn't fit very well, as it requires attachment to two spokes. It has some angles that simply didn't match the spoke pattern and kept falling off. Even if the angles had matched, I'm not sure that it would have stayed on anyway. Part of the problem is that getting the pickup close enough to the magnet required mounting the whole thing close to the hub.

I hope Cateye has fixed this - the entire magnet/pickup system for their OS-1 is a much better setup. OS1 would be perfect with the Enduro's heavy duty cable, smaller unit and lighter weight. I wonder if the Enduro fits on the OS1's mount?

I'd still recommend this over the Sigma, which has a truly *awful* mount with those rubber band that seem to break all the time.

Sigma, Cateye OS1

[Apr 19, 2007]
Chuck Ezuma

OVERALL
Strength:

Durability, simplicity, design.

The zip ties are not a good solution to keeping the sensor stuck to the fork. Also, instructions made me want to cry out in frustration. Who designed these monstorous things.

Cheap and durable. If it is somehow lost in a crash I will just replace it....it's only $20!!! Four chilli's due to the retarded instructions.

[Jan 21, 2002]
Ash

OVERALL
Strength:

Robust, easy to use, has all the right functions at a good price.

The sensor was a bit of a pain to mount.

Works well, does the job. The ODO input is useful, and the fat cord looks much stronger than others that I've seen. Took me a fair while to get the sensor to sit right though.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.