Yakima ROC 2 Hitch Mount Bike Rack

Hit the road with Yakima's reliable, no-frills 2-inch receiver hitch mount for 2 bikes--now with enhanced stability. Durable BedROC cradles with wide, soft padding, protect your bike's paint finish and can be adjusted to allow room for each bike. Folds down smoothly for easy access to the rear of your vehicle. Heavy-duty steel construction and anti-wobble hitch design for years of use down the road. ROC Solid stabilizer arm (sold separately) eliminates bike swing. StrataLock system (sold separately) locks bike to mount and mount to receiver. Can be expanded to carry up to 4 bikes with extra BedROC cradles, sold separately.

[Apr 30, 2012]
2ksport

OVERALL
Strength:

ROC 4 - Room enough for 4 bike although I only like to carry 3max, sturdy, durable and secure. Reputable brand. Bought a 1-1/2" hitch part with no problem when I changed receiver hitches. World straps (chain straps) are sturdy. They have lasted over 5 years with no sign of wear. Not sure if mine are different from other (bad) reviews. I use my rack on average 2 times a week from March to November.

- Doesn't flip down out of the way like the current models do.
- Bulky for storage, but hangs in the garage out of the way.
- World straps require a bit of strength to use.

I bought this on clearance from Galyans years ago and it's been a fantastic bargain. I much prefer the easy use of hitch racks over roof racks.

[Jul 06, 2010]
Lori Harf

OVERALL
Strength:

large- strong can hold safely more than one bicycle Felt secure when traveling on a long trip

rubber straps that hold bicycle on to the hitch wore too quickly

I wouldn't buy another one unless some alterations were made The rack stuck out too far from under the car making it too long to fit in a regular parking space The rubber straps wore too quickly I ride 5x a week and on a trip from Baltimore MD I almost lost my 2100 Trek

[Aug 07, 2008]
Steve L

OVERALL
Strength:

I bought this rack new but the seller had it in the box for several years. With the enclosed screw-in bolt it fits in my tow hitch very solidly and it looks great on my truck. I've had it less than a week now and have used it a few times with no problems. The rubber straps, for now, seem secure but I also bungee for added security.

I would like to be able to use a simple hitch pin to secure rack to tow hitch but rack is extremely wobbly if not bolted in with supplied hardware. The downside to using this hardware is i will have to unbolt the rack from truck each time I want to take it off. The rubber chain fasteners do seem rather flimsy but, in the first week, they've done their job. The optional cable lock (which my rack came with) seems to thin and, as an earlier reviewer commented, seems like it could be easily cut. Instructions with rack suggest you can use a u-bolt lock and I may try that but you shouldn't have to if you pay for the optional cable lock.

I like this rack -- for now -- but am leery. The frame itself is very solid but must be bolted down to hitch or it will wobble. With it's handsome shape and Yakima decals it looks great. May have to invest in additional rubber straps and locking mechanism in the future.

[Aug 23, 2007]
Sarah B

OVERALL
Strength:

It's a beast- very sturdy metal. Easy to put on and take off the hitch. Can be locked to hitch with optional $30 hitch pin lock.

Bikes "hop" out of cradles at moderate speeds (35mph+), making it useless for highway driving without extra tie-downs (I have to bungeee it to the rack and vehicle.) Rubber staps degrade quickly when left out in the weather. Optional $30 cable lock (to secure bike to rack) is nifty, but mine got cut with a box cutter when I left it alone for about 35 minutes and the bike was gone.

Not worth it. I think the optional down stabilizers would probably help with the hopping-the-cradle issue, but I can't believe you have to pay extra for them. DO NOT trust your bike to the internal cable lock.

Overall, I'm displeased with it. I still have it to use on the second car, but the bikes sway so much when I'm driving that I don't trust it- truckers have actually hailed me on the CB to tell me I'm losing my bikes.

If you're looking for a rack to use around town (driving < 35mph), this might be fine. Can use a horseshoe lock to secure bikes to rack.

Yakima has not been helpful- I say, "I'm displeased with this product." They say, "OK. Bye."

Yakima Kingpin 4

[Jul 20, 2007]
zach

OVERALL
Strength:

has worked for over 6 years

crappy-ass rubber chainstrap, used to secure bike to rack constantly break...very poor design. The mounting pads won't allow for the newer mtn. bike frame designs, and those bikes cannot be loaded onto this rack.

buy this rack if you only have standard bike frames. Newer full suspension mtn bikes cannot fit onto this rack.

buy this rack if you want to constantly be replacing the rubber chain straps.

As for me, I'll look at different brands my next time out.

To its benefit, the rack has lasted 6 years

[Oct 05, 2002]
joe

OVERALL
Strength:

easy to install on hitch, lockable, bikes easy to mount.

rubber straps (fasteners) for bike's toptube tears easily.
bicyles has tendency to sway, lower support (optional) a must.

except for one weakness, (the rubber fasteners' susceptability to cuts), this is one solid and simple trailer hitch mount.

trunk racks

[Jun 19, 2002]
Doug

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to put on - even for my wife. Hold two bikes very well with very little sway. Locks for rack and bikes are simple and reliable. Rock-solid product.

Won't fit womens frames without top tube. Smaller framed bikes can be tough to get on.

Great rack. I'm going to buy the additional mounting gear to expand this to four bikes. No regrets at all here!

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.