Swagman XTC 2 Bike Rack

The XTC2 carries a wide variety of bike frames without the hassle of removing wheels. Push button ratchet arm easily adjust to secure your bike. Bike hooks have a soft-frame friendly coating to protect the bike's finish. Easily adjust to different bike frame sizes with the simple movement of the wheel holders. Rack folds up for easy storage when not in use. Center arm folds down to allow access to the rear of vehicle without removing the rack.

[May 15, 2014]
tarnishd

OVERALL
Strength:

Solid build quality, easy loading, bolts directly into hitch.

Plastic clamps secure wheel trays

This is a great rack for the price, in fact it is outstanding. It feels solid, it is definitely heavy and the arm that holds the bikes down is coated with a soft rubber that doesn't scratch. I still put a cloth over top of my frame.

I'm currently using it with my 29er mountain bike, it holds 2 of them with ease. Sometimes adjustments to the wheel trays are required in order to stagger the bikes. Once they're on they are quite secure.

The rack mounts to the hitch, which is attached to the frame of my truck. I drive a 2009 Ford Ranger and the suspension is quite rigid and all movement is directly transferred to the bike rack. So I get a little nervous sometimes watching the bikes rock back and forth as I drive over bumps but they've been fine so far and never feel loose.

A great buy!

[Apr 20, 2013]
tylerw

OVERALL
Strength:

well built
good finish
functions like it should

mechanism holds bike frame

I purchased this bike rack to replace my existing non platform hitch rack. This platform rack is the way to go if you are looking for a functional durable budget friendly rack. I have used this rack many times for the last couple of months since i bought it and it is performing as it is meant to. The ratcheting system is all metal so it is going to be a durable long lasting product I presume. The only draw back I have is how it holds the bike by the frame (its designed to though). Make sure you wipe the area clean and free of dirt before ratcheting the arm down as it could eventually maybe scratch the finish of you bike.

[Apr 10, 2012]
Mark Flagle

OVERALL
Strength:

ost,135.00 free shipp on e-bay,very simple to use can load or unload in seconds,holds bike s very securely.Have used a dozen times this spring and has worked great!!

none so far

I cant imagine another rack would be any better at twice the price!! You can spend a lot more but why? I hav e been totally happy with this rack,it seems well made and is super easy to use.

[Feb 22, 2012]
450VoltsDC

OVERALL
Strength:

Well thought-out engineering with strength and redundancy where needed and no frills. I can't imagine any bike that wouldn't fit right in. The way the ratchet arm folds down out of the way for acess to the trunk or hatch is quite ingenious, i.e, simple.

Documentation will have the "handily-challenged" calling for help. Now that my bike rides outside, it doesn't get to stay inside so I've lost some room in my kitchen

Very impressive value-engineering and the best way I've seen to carry 2 bikes securely at a reasonable cost. A few things could have been done better: I wish the hitch receiver bolt was a Grade 8 with a drilled and wired nut instead of the cotter pin, The through bolt arm pivots look as tho' they'll rust in a few years, the little screws that double as end cap holders and wheel well stops may turn out to be effective but look chintzy.

Still, if it lasts 4-5 years, at a $110, I won't mind paying for another, then.

Yakima top-of-the-line 4 bike.

[Apr 19, 2011]
Trumpits

OVERALL
Strength:

Hold my bike very, very secure

None to speak of

I wanted something that would hold my rig tight and secure. This did not disapoint me at all.

I have put about 3000km on this rack and had no problems so far. Drove 10 hours through heavy rain and road grime, everything works like new.

Has not scratched my bike, and thats important.

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.