Swagman XC Hitch Rack Bike Rack

The Cross Country "XC" 2-Bike Rail Rack can easily accommodate children's and adult bikes, downhill bikes, cruiser bikes, full suspension bikes, BMX bikes, "Y" frame designs and much more, without the hassle of removing wheels. - The XC slides into a 2" receiver and carries up to 2 bikes, with an option to carry up to 4 bikes with another module (4 bikes on Class III hitch only). - The XC easily adjusts to different bike frame sizes with the simple movement of the wheel hoops. - Frame grip arms have a soft-frame friendly coating to protect your bike's finish. - When not in use, the rack folds up for easy storage (on or off vehicle), shipping, etc. - The XC carries the widest variety of bike frames in its class.

• Capacity: 2-4 Bikes
  • Mount: 1 1/4" Receiver Rac
  • Hitch: Fits Class 1 & 2 hitch

• USER REVIEWS

[Aug 07, 2017]
    Rick M Horas

OVERALL
    Strength:

It's inexpensive, solid (weighs about 40 pounds) and easy to load and unload. Great simple design.

None . . .

I love this bike rack! I can put this bike rack on my car and load my bike in under 60 seconds . . . no scratched paint, no wheels to take off, no need to hoist bike on top of my car. I challenge you to find a better rack (except for carbon fiber bikes).

[Nov 28, 2012]
    jhbinal

OVERALL
    Strength:

Holds both my wife's 15" 29er and my 19" 29er perfectly! It was easy to set up and install. It holds our bikes securely and with absolutely minimal movement. It was hundreds less than my old Yakima rack and in all honesty, I like the Swagman better.

The arm will rub some paint off of the frame if not careful...I just add a another piece of foam or a small towel to it if I'm going on a long trip.

Awesome rack at an awesome price.

[Mar 12, 2012]
    beefmagic
    All Mountain Rider

OVERALL
    Strength:

Extremely affordable and works great. I use this rack to transport 2 full suspension mtn bikes. One is 31.5lbs. The other is 27lbs. It's simple. It doesn't wobble.

Wheel tray locking mechanism needs to be really cranked down in order not to slip. Had to ream out the hole for locks in the arm that holds the bikes in order to fit a larger lock. Otherwise the lock that fits in the existing hole is too small in diameter and you can still remove the arm.

For the money I don't think you can beat this rack. It was easy to set up and for the most part has been hassle free.

This is my first hitch rack. Had a few trunk racks.

[Dec 09, 2011]
    lencho

OVERALL
    Strength:

Price, how well it works = VALUE

None for the price, it would be nit picking.

Hitch was very easy to put together and works very well. I use is to carry a 19", 26" tire full suspension bike and a 20", 29" tire full suspension bike. For $115 this rack rocks! A fantastic value! If you can live simple, effective value and get over the non Thule/Yakima name brand stigma, buy it! I got Master Locks with one key to lock the sliders and added some $1 plumbing insulation to the securing bars since reviews showed that the black stock rubber can rub off on the frame. Love the screw in pin (bought the locking pine too). I carry the socket in my bike bag for easy access. The screw-in pin is a tiny bit harder to add since you literally have to screw in, or out, but the non-wobble result is well worth the minimal effort. Highly recommend this inexpensive, effective rack.

Thule

[Apr 07, 2011]
    jimjybe

OVERALL
    Strength:

constructed of heavy guage material

limit exposure to moisture

The XC2 is a well constructed carrier that offers ease of use. At a price of $150.00 it is the best value on this type of carrier. Was very impressed with the guage thickness of material used. I like this type of carrier in respect that your bikes don't touch each other, it is really simple to use! Keep this unit oiled and limit exposure to moistuer and it will last a long time. It came mostly assembled, all I had to do was install the assembly on the hitch arm (2 bolts, wrench provided)and install wheel rests and slide on the holders. I Am very happy with my purchase, this thing works well!

hanging style carrier

[Apr 10, 2010]
    gtaccord

OVERALL
    Strength:

Quick and easy to assemble and install/uninstall. Good strong all metal construction. Takes 2 minutes to load two bikes. Holds everything secure and you don't have to take the wheels off. Comes with adapter for 2" hitch. CHEAP!

The hitch on my car puts the bike closest to the car very close to the trunk and bumper. This has more to do with the hitch than the rack I think.

There is no reason to buy one of the super expensive racks out there when this rack is on the market. It does everything those racks do (probably better) and it is half or even one quarter of the price. Get this rack.

roof racks, bed mount racks in trucks, other hitch mounts

[Mar 17, 2010]
    donny939

OVERALL
    Strength:

Easy set up, good quality, couldnt ask for a better rack.

A must buy if you need a good hitch bike rack. for 140 bucks for a rack that works great. Dont waste your money on a name brand rack when swagman works just as good and costs half as much

first rack

[Dec 15, 2009]
    33MTB

OVERALL
    Strength:

-Able to adjust to most bikes, including contemporary mountain bikes with sloping or curved top tubes
    -Rack is very stable because of threaded receiver bolt
    -Still able to open the rear window on my Tahoe while the bike is on the outer rack

-The black rubber pads that are on the two hooks that clamp down on the top tube will damage the paint on your bike (see below)

The absolute best system I have ever owned. There is a simple solution to the black rubber pad problem. Carefully remove the two black rubber pads from the hooks with a box cutter or knife. Go to a hardware store and buy a section of braided vinyl tubing (5/8" x 3/8" x at least 5'). Apply Vaseline to the hooks, then slide the braided tubing on all the way (takes a little effort to get the tubing to slide around the bends). Leave about 1/4" excess and cut the rest. Literally took me 10 minutes. It's a simple fix to keep the paint on your bike from getting damaged.

It is important not to just use a towel between the hook and your top tube, as your bike can slip while going around corners. Take the time make this simple upgrade to an already stellar product.

Many traditional racks that support the bike only under the top tube.

[Oct 01, 2009]
    JMD

OVERALL
    Strength:

1) Inexpensive when compared to other brands (Thule, Yakima, & Softride)
    2) This 2" Hitch version is built very solid.
    3) Holds bikes very solid, wobble free, rattle free.
    4) Doesn't damage the paint-job of your bikes.
    5) Easy to assemble (~10 min. for me)
    6) Easy to mount and dismount bikes.
    7) Very manageable mounting and dismounting rack from car.
    8) Ample clearance between bike and car.

1) Need a rachet in your car for mounting and
    dismounting the rack. Not really a problem!

2) Does not come with a lock- for the clamp-triggers- you'll have to improvise
    and search on your own.

3) Wish they had an option/add-on to make it carry 4 bikes-haven't seen one
    yet.

4) Optional Hitch-pin locks are a little pricey for me. Optional

5) On some vehicles- may have to dismount bikes and/or rack to access/open
    rear gate or trunk. I did not have this issue with my 95'4runner.

It's a solid performer! It's exactly what I expected. Solid mounting of bikes- secure, wobble free, and no rattle! You can't beat its "price to performance" factor and piece of mind knowing that your bikes are securedly fastened. Only thing is you'll need to get locks to better secure your bikes on the rack.

I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a solid rack without breaking the bank.

Compared only to BRANDS- Thule, Yakima, & Softride

[Aug 24, 2009]
    axlissel

OVERALL
    Strength:

quick to install, load and bikes are safe. This product carries the bikes never touching each other or the car. very good price and excellent quality
    this review if for the xc 2 bike rack with 2 inch hook and ratchet system

with mud and rust the ratchet is difficult to unload

buy this, is easy on the pocket, works perfect and is versatile. I carry my 57 road bike, my knolly, and my kids bike. even I carried a tandem once, without the wheels and upside down.
    I usually hook inside the square tube with the pin that holds the rack structure a regular 3 bike rack, the ones that carries the bikes hongging from the top tube. With this I have a 5 rack system, very versatile. I will hook another of these rack in the back I think the XTC2 so I have a 4 bike platform rack.

roof racks and rack in the back of the car hanging with belts.You cannot compare the functionality of this to other systems