Swagman 3 Bike Hitch Bike Rack

Swagman 3 Bike Folding Carrier is a rugged economy model that carries up to 3 bikes. The ball mount model comes fully assembled. 1 1/4" hitch receiver

[Jul 06, 2010]
was98strat

OVERALL
Strength:

simple rugged design

single clamp system and "Krayton" cushions disentegrate quickly causing bike damage!

if you like the way your ride looks, stay away, at least until they redesign the clamping system to prevent it from destroying itself and your bike with use! The pads crush and fall apart almost immediately! I've resorted to adding a couple of leather and rubber pads wrapped around my top tube to try and stop the damage!

looks like a good idea, but isn't in practice!!

[Oct 29, 1999]
Tim

OVERALL
Strength:

Allows camper and bikes to be towed safely

Doesn't work well with womens frames or my Stumpjumper FSR.
Requires longer drawbar.
Can't open rear door on SUV's.

I searched far and wide for a reciever type mount that would allow use of the hitchball. It can also be a tight fit for three bikes without scratching your bike against the other bikes. Had difficulty finding a drawbar that would fit without letting the bikes hit my new Jeep!
Bikes are close to trailer when mounted. and can hit during sharp turns. A 3 drop on the drawbar helps. A locking pin would also be nice.

[Aug 23, 2001]

OVERALL
Strength:

Heavy duty construction, thick wall steel, lifetime warranty!

Padding could be a little thicker

Very well built, I was very suprised with what I got. Heavy duty, no thin steel here! Well worth the money which was not very much concidering how much most bike racks go for these days. I didn't want to spend a fortune on a roof rack and I wasn't going to install a hitch just for towing around a hitch mounted bike rack. This rack is a ball mount rack that installed on my 2000 Chevy Blazer step bumper in 5 minutes! Great rack! LIFETIME WARRANTY!

[Sep 04, 2002]

OVERALL
Strength:

Strong and heavy, very easy to install. Doesnt rattle at all and good looking to boot!

Gotta bungee down ya wheels so they don't spin in the wind

I think hitch racks are the way to go ... easy set up and mounting of your bikes plus pretty low cost. Plus ya don't have to worry about banging your bikes on your roof when ya hit the Burger King drive thru! [email protected]