Sette Hook It Vertical Bike Mount Bike Rack

[Aug 01, 2011]
local523

OVERALL
Strength:

Best priced rack but if you're going to mount these to drywall invest in some heavy-duty anchors. This rack holds the bike securely to the wall when mounted with common sense.

The rack comes with 4 decent screws and 4 drywall anchors that look like would be used to anchor a picture holder in drywall. In short, throw the drywall anchors away and don't even consider using them in drywall to hang the rack. The instructions state to mount the rack directly to a stud in the wall, so why would one use the supplied anchors anyway?

I've got 2 mounted in drywall and one mounted to the stud. The rack has four vertical holes pre-drilled for the mount. I used Buildex drywall anchors which claim to each support 100 lbs., so I'm sure that using 4 in the rack was overkill, but I wanted to make sure that my bike didn't rip the rack out of the wall. I used the supplied screws to mount the one rack to the stud. All three racks are in the wall securely and I wouldn't hesitate to hang a 60 beach cruiser on the wall. Great product when setup correctly.

[May 29, 2007]
Rebecca Sandidge

OVERALL
Strength:

looks nice, padded hook

Sette provided screws and dry wall anchors which I installed correctly. The screws came out of the anchors which were left snug in the wall and my bike fell onto the tile floor.

This product fell apart, damaged my bike and Sette has not responded to inquiries about their warranty or liability. My bike is pretty light, so unless your bike weighs practically nothing, I would not feel comfortable hanging your bike on this mount AT ALL.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.