Saris Kool Rack Bike Rack

This product is an add-on bike mount designedTo work withThe Saris KoolrackTruck bed bike carrier.

[Jul 03, 2008]
TCW

OVERALL
Strength:

Looks great and performs well. Adjust quickly and can be used as a load stabalizer for other items (intended use modified for bikes - see Save-A-Load website)

Pump may fail after a few years of heavy use.

I really like this product and it worked great for two years. After a long trip I noticed the hydraulic pump was beginning to fail. I sent an email to th manufacturer, saveaload, who promptly called me that same day. They sent a new pump to replace the old one, free of charge. The replacement arrived 2 days later and was simple to install. I have since used the rack many times over. The rack is about 4 years old and still going strong. I highly recommend this product, a lock is available, btw.

Hitch rack, roof rack, nothing else used like this bar.

[Jul 01, 2003]
Rich

OVERALL
Strength:

Very quick setup and removal. Versatile, adjusts to about any size you need and can be mounted just about anywhere in the bed. Also good for securing cargo.

Does not come with a locking mechanism for the rack and the lock kit (sold separately) is fairly expensive for what you you get.

This is a great product for anyone who has a truck. The hydraulic pump makes this rack highly adjustable and very secure. The high friction foot pads hold fast to both sheet metal and bedliner surfaces. To protect your vehicle, the pump also has a pressure sensitive valve. One really nice feature is that you can stagger the fork mounts to keep the handle bars from interfering with each other when hauling multiple bikes. Overall, this a excellent product.

None.

[Jan 20, 2006]
Jamie

OVERALL
Strength:

Tight fit/aluminum makes for no rusty/can place below the bed rails.

No locking mechanism makes it easy to swip. After time, water links in and gets into the hydraulic in which makes the rack useless. Not made by Saris, only sold by them/NO warrenty. Actual manufactures are almost near impossible to get a hold of and they are no help at all.

Overall, this product did not live up to my expectations. Started out awesome, but went to crap after a few years. For the money, thought it would last longer. Should make better seals for it, so water does not get in.

After paying 145$ for a rack I thought would last a longtime, but didn't. I paid 59$ for a XPORT rack that is made of steal and is actually easier to take out and put back in easier than the Kool rack. It also has a locking mechanism that uses a key to unlock, so no worries about it being stolen. It is so easy to use, that I take it in and out when I bring by bike in, so rusting is limited.

[Jul 26, 2002]
Stan

OVERALL
Strength:

Convenient, Great Fit for the truck bed, quick to set up and take down, easy storage, bikes fit great.

no locking mechanisms

This kool rack works excellent, is can adjust to fit any size pickup bed and even the inside of a van. The quality is very top notch. I highly recommend the product.

Rhode Gear

[Sep 25, 2006]
Joel S.

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to use, secure, light weight. Seems pretty secure after purchasing lock kit.

Hydrolic pump seems to lose pressure when temperature slightly drops. I'll sometimes go to my truck in the morning after a slightly cold night, and the rack would have completely fallen. Not sure if this is common or if I need to replace (and by the way....mine has a lifetime warrantly...not sure why other reviews says no warranty)

Overall I think a good product as long as you dont plan to leave bikes overnight in the back of your truck. Hydrolic pump losing pressure could just be a fluke remedied by getting a new rack via warranty....I was extremely close to returning the rack and getting a different kind....but thought I would stick it out a little longer to see how it works out for me.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.