Rage Powersport The Blue Devil Bike Rack

• Lockable for bicycle security
  • Transport 3 or 5 bicycles
  • Rubber cradle mounts protect bike frame
  • Folds down for rear vehicle access
  • All Steel Construction

[Sep 27, 2018]
frederickl.brown

OVERALL
Strength:

Easy to mount, and even with loaded with bikes, it's easy to lower the rack out of the way (for access to car trunk or truck bed.) Strapping down bicycles is very secure and simple

My only complaint is that it wobbles in the hitch, no damage to bike, rack or car, but just distracting to see the bikes moving left to right while driving 70 miles per hour. Would be nice if the vertical portion of tube had a soft lining to keep the bicycles from rubbing against it.

Price Paid:
Purchased:
New
Model Year:
2016
[Feb 11, 2013]
Rachel

OVERALL
Strength:

Sturdy in the hitch and adjustable lever.

Does not do good on the highway.

My husband and I bought this bike rack a little less than a month ago. It did well on our four hour trip but this last time we went 10 miles and both straps holding the bike to the rack came loose. Thank God he put extra bungees on it or my brand new bike would be a lost cause. The handle bar was ground off and the back break lever got messed up pretty bad. Needless to say, we are not happy with this thing. Our thoughts for why the straps came loose is the high speed on the highway mixed with the high winds, so if you take your bike rack on the highway much, (as I would assume most people do) we do NOT recommend this bike rack.

© Copyright 2018 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.