Hurricane Forkup Bike Rack

Available At

Fork Up provides a quick, safe way to transport a bike with a through-axle fork on your existing rack, allowing ample clearance for disc brakes and low hanging fork legs.

[Feb 23, 2013]
not-real-fast

OVERALL
Strength:

It does what it is supposed to do, allowing us to transport our fatbikes to awesome trails out of town.
And they look cool.

They are a bit expensive.

We bought two of them: a Fatboy for my Salsa Mukluk, and a Pugsley for my wife's... um... Surly Pugsley.
LBS quoted $90 each. (No way!)
Direct from Hurricane: $64.95 each. (Hurricane won.)
A very friendly person at Hurricane checked stock and took my order.
We received them via USPS the same week.
The dropouts fit my Thule fork-mount racks perfectly, and the QR fit our Enabler and Pugsley forks perfectly.
Quick and easy to use.
Somewhat expensive for what they are, but I seriously doubt I could have had them made elsewhere for less.
We car-topped the fatbikes 100 miles, had a great ride on an awesome trail, and drove 100 miles back home.
No issues.

[Jul 10, 2011]
cafam1

OVERALL
Strength:

seems strong

the gauge steel.

They claim it can fit all 20mm forks. This mount will not work on my 2010 Rock Shox Lyric. Works on my chaps fox fork but not my Lyrik. The steel they use is too thick so it will not clear the tabs on the fork. I would not force it on, you know 35$ part vs 800$ fork.

[Aug 28, 2009]
coxroach

OVERALL
Strength:

It works

a million other things would work

Think of how many ways you could elevate a metal tube 3 inches in the air. Now think of what ya paid for this thing. If you feel ripped off, you are correct! This would be a great project for metal shop 101. Amazing that someone at the US patent office put a stamp on this design. Honestly, go to a local machine shop and see if they can't make something that will work for a fraction of the cost.

nuts, bolts, screws, cables, fulcrum, wheels

[Jul 27, 2009]
kayakjamie

OVERALL
Strength:

Fits a 20mm axle to a standard rack

Does not clamp in well and rotates such that fork opening points up. Then the weight of the bike tries pull the fork up off the skewer. My tandem fell off the roof when it pulled out

I am looking for other options.

[Aug 06, 2008]
sunshynjunky

Poorly built

This product is a piece of c$#%!. from the out side it looks nice. This is a piece of pipe with a fat ugly protruding weld along a seam inside. I didn't use it. I didn't want deep gouges in my Maxel.
this thing is a real P.O.S.
Get the Yakima or Rocky Mount quick release

Rocky mounts

[Jun 09, 2003]
Blake Roberts

OVERALL
Strength:

i wouldent know

i wouldent know

went to the website ordered it they said it was on back order and i have been waiting 5 months for it i still dont have it the company is f ucking s hit dont buy from them

motercycle tie downs
they are alot cheeaper

[Aug 03, 2007]
will mcdonald

OVERALL
Strength:

its blue and it has 20mm ish hole for the thru axle.

the legs are to thin, not regular fork thikness, doesn't work with thule clamp down bike racks, this was very dissapointing for me. Also it cost me $3 more to buy it from hurricane then it was at the local bike store which i didn't relise carried it till it was to late. There is a pretty rough grove inside where the axle goes, guess it could mar up the axle over time, or do nothing?

get it if you need it and don't have a thule bike rack. I don't know why they didn't make the legs normal fork thickness.

non

[Nov 19, 2003]
Eli

OVERALL
Strength:

Great product, however hurricane is out of business now.

great product, a bit expensive for something i could make from some pipe and bar stock and a welder, but worth it. Unluckily prices are going to rise, and stocks diminish, as Hurricane is out of business.

[Mar 12, 2000]
big mike

OVERALL
Strength:

great idea good to know there is one available so my buds can go in my car, and if i ever go to 20mm. also, great to see a realistic, get-what-you-pay-for bike part/accessorie anyways! finally!

cool product. props to ya!

[Oct 29, 1998]
Dave Rodriquez
downhiller

OVERALL

I have a Marzocchi Monster T fork,Which is a great fork,The only problem I had was transporting my bike(the fork has a thru-axle and does not fit onto a rack)that was until a friend suggested that I get a Fork up.The Fork up is a device that after removing the front wheel you put the Fork up between the dropouts reinstall the axle and tightening the bolts it is ready to mount on a fork mounted rack.The Fork up has faux dropouts that fit any rack,it also can rotate over a 100 degrees so that if your transporting a couple of bikes they can be staggered for handlebar clearance.This is a great prouduct that I would recommend to anybody who has a thru-axle fork...5 chiles for this one!

• Available At

© Copyright 2020 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.