Delta Post Porter Rear Rack Bike Rack

This strong, lightweight rack attaches to your seatpost, saving you weight and installation time. Secure 4-bolt clamp easily attaches to any size (25 - 31.8mm) round post. Features pannier support for carrying your panniers. Made of tough TIG-welded aluminum construction. Carries up to 25 pounds.

[Sep 14, 2000]

OVERALL
Strength:

works for a couple hundred miles

breaks after a couple hundred miles

A friend and I bought these racks for a 500 mile mountain bike trip. His lasted for about 200 miles, (on a full suspension frame!) with less than 20 lbs on it, then one of the side supports broke. Lasted another 200 then the damn thing snapped clean off at the weld next to the seatpost. Left us in the middle of [email protected]!%in nowhere with no option but to strap all the stuff on his back. Closer inspection revealed that many weld points were cracking. I am afraid to trust mine which somehow made it through. Delta makes it sound like this rack is bombproof but not to put over 25lbs because the seatpost might break. What a joke. I wouldn't trust this piece of sh it even to carry a 6-pack home from the store.

[Jul 20, 2000]
Joe-seph Pis-coe

poorly made joke

This is an update to my previous post, as if to justify my original assesment, the rack has entirely broken. The weld that joins the rack to the post mount completely gave out, it's as though they used a touch of super glue to hold the damn thing together. piece of sh*t. don't buy it. I'm going for a Utility-x from Headland, I'll let you know how that works out.

see below

[Apr 10, 2001]
kw G

OVERALL
Strength:

Doesn't fall apart for the 1st 3 months

Falls apart after 3 months

2 years ago, I bought an old style Postporter for my road bike. The old style had a smaller diameter main tube. That broke at the clamp when I was 12 miles from home and chipped my carbon-fiber frame.

To their credit, Delta sent me a new re-designed (larger diameter main tube) PostPorter for $8 shipping/handling only. However, within 3 months, the welds for the U-shaped support broke and the side support welds broke off too. I'm not using it on my mountain bike and I'm loading it with less than 15lbs of stuff. I don't know of another manufacturer that makes a clamp on rack w/ panier supports but if you have a choice, don't get a PostPorter.

[Mar 30, 2002]

OVERALL
Strength:

Has held up very well with my light panniers.

nothing yet

I am quite pleased with this product, in regards to quality and value. It is the best value I could fins

[Apr 24, 2002]
ash

OVERALL
Strength:

easy istallation, able to mount to my bike

broke after 2 months

usually have about 10 to 15 pounds on the rack and one of the welds broke after about 2 months. i'm very disappointed cause now i have to buy a new rack.

other racks, don't know the names

[Jul 15, 2000]
Joe-seph Pis-coe

OVERALL
Strength:

Still works

not durable
not as "quick-release" as it could be
needs more bungee options
I paid too much

I use this rack for an hour long commute every day. I never carried more than the cargo limit of 25lbs. Rack held out for about two months, then a weld on the underside broke and a strut snapped off. Now it rattles. The clamp is irritating if you're looking for easy removal, you can do better than four hex screws for the seatpost clamp. In addition it doesn't easily accomodate a tailight. Although I still use it and it still serves its purpose, when it breaks I'm getting something else. I'm also not entirely pleased with it because I paid $50 bucks and later found it sells for $40.

shoulder, back, handlebar

[Sep 22, 1999]
CaptainGingersnaps
Cross-Country Rider

OVERALL
Strength:

Sturdy mount

some twisting, little too close to seat, makes using rack-top bag a little tough.

I bought this for my hardtail because I wanted to have the option of taking it on and off the bike depending on my ride. Unfortunately, the four-screw mount is not exactly quick-release. I had some trouble with it twisting my seatpost around, but tightening my seat clamp down a bit seems to have fixed that. Depending on how high your seat is, you might also have trouble getting trunk-type bags to fit on top of the rack without bumping the seat. I'd get a normal-mount rack if I had it to do again, but I would recommend this one, especially if you're riding a FS bike.

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.